not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

How is RMPP Growth fund doing.

29 Sep 2018, 21:16

I have been looking at how the RMPP AVC growth fund has been doing using a site called webfund6.financialexpress.net

September last year to September this year it looks like it has improved by about 8% but I thought I heard it had been flat this last year.

Also the Shia fund looks like it has done about 18% in the last year.

Am I reading these correctly.

Many Thanks

30 Sep 2018, 06:53

Hawkey99 wrote:I have been looking at how the RMPP AVC growth fund has been doing using a site called webfund6.financialexpress.net

September last year to September this year it looks like it has improved by about 8% but I thought I heard it had been flat this last year.

I would agree, the chart suggests around an 8% increase over the last year.

So if you had £10,000 in your AVC 12 months ago and haven't paid anymore in, then your fund should now be worth around £10,800.

However in practice, I assume you've also being paying into your fund? In which case each of your weekly contributions will have been in the fund for different lengths of time and you'll probably have bought units at a different price each time. So the actual return on your money won't necessarily correlate with the official figures for the fund.

Charges aren't always included in fund results and can also skew things somewhat.

Also the Shia fund looks like it has done about 18% in the last year.

Again I would agree.

Am I reading these correctly.

Yes, I think you are. But also read the small print where it says: past performance is no guide to future performance, etc.
Stock markets have performed well over the last few years, but don't expect it to last forever.

30 Sep 2018, 11:13

Thanks Robert as always. I had just heard that in the past 12 months the fund hadn't moved at all.

I have been paying in for many years so every little help.

I know you can change future payments by amount and which funds you want funds you want to purchase but can you change the funds that the money is already invested in.

Thanks

30 Sep 2018, 11:24

Hawkey99 wrote:Thanks Robert as always. I had just heard that in the past 12 months the fund hadn't moved at all.

The chart would suggest that was the case a few months ago(June 17-June18)

I know you can change future payments by amount and which funds you want funds you want to purchase but can you change the funds that the money is already invested in.

Yes you can and I have recently done that!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1