not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension delay

28 Sep 2018, 09:25

Just after some information .I finished work at Royal Mail 2 June and informed pensions of this .They told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get the ball rolling.At the end of July I had a letter about my lifetime allowance declaration which I signed and sent back .Every month I ring pensions and are fobbed of with replies like we will ring you back or leave it a few more weeks. It has been 4 months and I’m no further forward .Is this a normal wait?

Pension delay

28 Sep 2018, 15:48

dannyboy wrote:Just after some information .I finished work at Royal Mail 2 June and informed pensions of this .They told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get the ball rolling.At the end of July I had a letter about my lifetime allowance declaration which I signed and sent back .Every month I ring pensions and are fobbed of with replies like we will ring you back or leave it a few more weeks. It has been 4 months and I’m no further forward .Is this a normal wait?

When I took my pension in April (payment at end of April), the first letter I received from them was back in Nov 2017. I got the letter re the lifetime allowance declaration and sent that back along with bank details and how I wanted the pension(s) paid (frequency) in December 2017 plus photo ID. Now there was a hiatus from returning these until early March 2018 (approx 4 weeks before I took my pension date of commencement) and I had to make my choice of benefit options to take - in my case full benefits from my 60th (NRA60, NRA65 and AVC usage).

So you really need to keep chasing pensions service centre up to get them to give you the next phase of documentation - it is headed (in my case)

RMPP and RMSPS YOUR BENEFITS It was at this point that you can commit your AVC fund (if you have any) to maximise your RM pensions.

As you have left RM perhaps you need to reinforce with them that you need to take your pensions ASAP. Don't give up :thumbup

Pension delay

29 Sep 2018, 11:35

Thanks for the reply this is the information I need to get to the next step.Encounter another problem now as from 1st of October I’ve now been told I have to deal with 2 pension numbers because of Capita taking over.I can’t deal with 1 properly could be fun

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1