ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Do I fight for my pension

07 Jun 2018, 22:59

Please could you gave me some advice.i hav just finished on I’ll health at 50 .doc said she can’t see me working again and is backing me.what is the chances of me win at apeal for my pension u advice would welcome many thanks

08 Jun 2018, 08:45

Since your query I have seen this info from employment policies. I hope some of the more informed will give you further advice.

Stage two – Action following occupational health service advice
• Your manager will consider what action to take based on the occupational health service advice.
• The outcome could be:
 Agreeing your return to work with a short-term or permanent modification to your role.
 Trying to find you alternative work elsewhere in Royal Mail Group
• If you’re unable to carry out your normal working pattern for the foreseeable future or indefinitely, we
may decide that it’s best for you to leave the business through ill health

• If you leave the business through ill health, you may receive a lump sum equivalent to 34 weeks’ basic
pay. If you are an active member of the Royal Mail Pension Plan and are unable to work indefinitely, you
may receive immediate pension. If you are not an active member of the Royal Mail Pension Plan and are
unable to work indefinitely, you may be eligible for an ill health income benefit from the discretionary
Company insurance scheme
• You can appeal the outcome of any decision.

08 Jun 2018, 11:39

Many thanks for your reply am go to take it to appeal now

20 Jun 2018, 00:20

I am hearing that the business is routinely retiring staff on IHR with lump sum which is totally against the IHR agreement signed with the CWU . I understand from
Union reps that management is telling staff who think they qualify for IHR with pension ‘ too appeal ‘ . This is wrong and HQ should act.
There is no mention of costs in the agreement but that is obviously what it comes down too.
The onus is on the individual at the appeal rather that the business which is a lot difficult .

20 Jun 2018, 11:03

Ok many thanks yes you right the manger told me to appeal when I asked about it so I Hav done now so wait for reply now I’ve got my doc backing me so will see what haps now thank you for reply back to me

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1