not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Ex employee wanting to take pension at 55

28 May 2018, 16:54

Hi to all,
I will try to be brief but concise as possible,
I worked for Royal Mail between 1985 & 1996 and I will be 55 in July 2019.
Will I be able to apply and receive my Royal Mail pension on my 55th birthday,if I apply at least 6 months before?
(Yes l am aware I will lose 25% of my NRA60)
Along with my current employers pension I want to retire from work at 55.
Are there any conditions/issues that I may encounter?
Thankyou in advance for any advice given.
Phil

28 May 2018, 17:21

Based on previous posts on the subject, I think it's best to apply 3-4 months before you want to start getting your pension. Any earlier and they won't start the procedure, any later might mean waiting until after your 55th. Someone with personal experience might come along and confirm that?

There lots of info on the RM Pension Plan on their website: https://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/ and in particular the library section.

28 May 2018, 17:28

RobertT wrote:Based on previous posts on the subject, I think it's best to apply 3-4 months before you want to start getting your pension. Any earlier and they won't start the procedure, any later might mean waiting until after your 55th. Someone with personal experience might come along and confirm that

There lots of info on the RM Pension Plan on their website: https://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/ and in particular the library section.

Hi and thanks for the advice,much appreciated

02 Jun 2018, 11:29

I left the company - and did exactly the same.

You can only apply exactly 2 months before. You need to give them a call. They will ask you to send a letter with your signature on it. They will then send you an application form. You must return this with photographic evidence you are you. Passport, driving licence etc. Just a photocopy though. Not the original.

They will then send a form explaining all of your payment options. I had about 10 options. Complete this. Lump sum is payable on your 55th birthday. Pension payable on last day of month. First month is pro-rata - unless you are born on the 1st!

02 Jun 2018, 19:30

Hi,
That is exactly what I needed to hear and know.
Thanks very much.
Phil

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1