ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension going to a dependent

11 Mar 2018, 10:02

In the new agreement it says 50% of your pension goes to a dependent if you die. Is that after you retire as well as in service? Cheers.

11 Mar 2018, 12:01

What if your single with no dependents ?

11 Mar 2018, 13:45

PHARRY wrote:What if your single with no dependents ?

Then there is no one for the Pension to go to.

Gills_Postie wrote:In the new agreement it says 50% of your pension goes to a dependent if you die. Is that after you retire as well as in service? Cheers.

https://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/ ... er-you-die

If you die during Reckonable Service, and you haven’t already taken any of your benefits, the following benefits will be paid:

A lump sum: This is four times your final pensionable pay.
Dependants’ pensions: These are for widows or widowers, and civil partners - or, if you’re not married or in a civil partnership, someone who was financially dependent on you. The pension is half of the pension you would have been entitled to for ill health retirement. Pensions can also be paid to your children, usually until they turn 18.

The details may be different from pension to pension so I would HIGHLY recommend reading the details for your particular pension at the link given. (this is taken from section C I think)

11 Mar 2018, 18:37

Thanks mate. Hopefully this includes the proposed new scheme going forward.

11 Mar 2018, 18:41

PHARRY wrote:What if your single with no dependents ?

In the past you could leave the payout to whom you wanted so not just your immediate dependants. At some point they changed this so it could only be someone you were married to so anyone not married was at a disadvantage. Recently it has been changed so you can leave the payout to more distant relatives such as brother, sister, cousins, and nephews etc. Not sure now if you can leave the money to actually anyone. If you ask your manager or DOM they can/will download and print off a copy of the form which is easy to fill out. RM will write to you afterwards to confirm they have received your instructions.

PS I am referring to after death. Before death I don't know.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1