ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension supplement

04 Mar 2018, 21:13

Hi
Anybody know what has happened to the pension supplement that was paid between age 60 and 65 if you retired ? Seems to have disappeared under the new pension plans from April 2018

Pension supplement

04 Mar 2018, 21:56

If you retired at 60 then you would get whatever you had built up at that point, I'm in the same position. Fortunately I started a stakeholder pension which I can also take at 60. Since then I branched out into a S&A ISA. At 60 I think either I wont be fit for the job, OR the job will be so difficult and so different from what we know that I will have had enough. I'm going at 60 and I don';t care what anybody says. Life is too short to be worrying about what you will do etc etc. If your health starts to fail a few years after retiring you will wish you had gone sooner. I might do a part time job, but only if the hours suit me.

Pension supplement

04 Mar 2018, 22:48

thewayforward wrote:Hi
Anybody know what has happened to the pension supplement that was paid between age 60 and 65 if you retired ? Seems to have disappeared under the new pension plans from April 2018

Well I am retiring in April 2018 and will be receiving the pension supplement (payable to section C members). But presumably the yearly increments built up in any pension supplement will not take place in the years from 1st April 2018.

Pension supplement

05 Mar 2018, 17:17

When the RMPP closes to future accrual on 31st March, what you’ve already built up in relation to your main NRA60 & NRA65 benefits including the supplement(section C) will still be payable when you take your pension.
We won’t be building up any more supplement from then onwards.

Pension supplement

01 May 2018, 11:33

I was just about to ask the same question and get in touch with pension office , I finished aged 61 last May due to ill health , I was already drawing my 60 pension , but had to take my 65 pension early in july 2017 , should I be still getting it , they never send any info , and always hard to contact them

Pension supplement

01 May 2018, 11:42

up a big hill wrote:

I was just about to ask the same question and get in touch with pension office , I finished aged 61 last May due to ill health , I was already drawing my 60 pension , but had to take my 65 pension early in july 2017 ,28 years service should I be still getting it , they never send any info , and always hard to contact them

maybe I should be still getting it still I'm 65 ? If you joined the Plan on or after 1 April 1987, you’ll get an extra amount of pension each year. This is called the Pension Supplement and you will receive it if you take your Age60 or Age65 benefits before you reach your State Pension age. It is only paid if you are not employed by Royal Mail Group and it will stop when you reach your State Pension age. See the ‘Guide to your pension benefits’ for more details.

Pension supplement

01 May 2018, 16:35

up a big hill wrote:maybe I should be still getting it still I'm 65 ? If you joined the Plan on or after 1 April 1987, you’ll get an extra amount of pension each year. This is called the Pension Supplement and you will receive it if you take your Age60 or Age65 benefits before you reach your State Pension age. It is only paid if you are not employed by Royal Mail Group and it will stop when you reach your State Pension age. See the ‘Guide to your pension benefits’ for more details.

You should get your section C supplement between taking your pension and leaving RM, and upto your state pension age. It’s not payable if you take your pension and continue working for RM.

But you might find that your state pension age is actually 66 rather than 65. If you don’t know you can find out here.

Pension supplement

02 May 2018, 10:22

RobertT wrote:
up a big hill wrote:maybe I should be still getting it still I'm 65 ? If you joined the Plan on or after 1 April 1987, you’ll get an extra amount of pension each year. This is called the Pension Supplement and you will receive it if you take your Age60 or Age65 benefits before you reach your State Pension age. It is only paid if you are not employed by Royal Mail Group and it will stop when you reach your State Pension age. See the ‘Guide to your pension benefits’ for more details.

You should get your section C supplement between taking your pension and leaving RM, and upto your state pension age. It’s not payable if you take your pension and continue working for RM.

But you might find that your state pension age is actually 66 rather than 65. If you don’t know you can find out here.

Ta think I just squeezed into 65

Pension supplement

04 May 2018, 05:18

up a big hill wrote:Ta think I just squeezed into 65

State pension age is increasing to 66 for both men and women between 2018 and 2020, so you will be affected!

Pension supplement

08 May 2018, 08:50

RobertT wrote:
up a big hill wrote:Ta think I just squeezed into 65

State pension age is increasing to 66 for both men and women between 2018 and 2020, so you will be affected!

yes just checked

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1