not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

New pension deal!

11 Jan 2018, 17:29

I thought today we are going to hear about the new pension on offer?.

New pension deal!

11 Jan 2018, 18:09

The last time I heard they were 'drafting the words of a potential agreement' and 'that nothing is agreed until we have an agreement on all the issues'.

So I assume we'll be told the specifics of the new pension at the same time as the plans for a pay rise, the pipeline, etc.

New pension deal!

11 Jan 2018, 18:17

RobertT wrote:The last time I heard they were 'drafting the words of a potential agreement' and 'that nothing is agreed until we have an agreement on all the issues'.

So I assume we'll be told the specifics of the new pension at the same time as the plans for a pay rise, the pipeline, etc.

I thought the cwu said the other day update on pension today the 11th then a video from Terry tomorrow.

New pension deal!

11 Jan 2018, 20:29

Ah yes! This thread does say: ' A further report on pensions will follow Thursday'

Maybe they're still dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Plus there are more talks planned for next week.

New pension deal!

11 Jan 2018, 21:55

I'll be taking my pension at 60 years old , under the old scheme id lose 25% But if the new scheme comes in ( receive at 67 pension scheme ) I'll lose 35% of my pension , not such a good scheme after all then !

New pension deal!

12 Jan 2018, 07:44

TheTrolleyMan wrote:I'll be taking my pension at 60 years old , under the old scheme id lose 25%

You would lose 25% of your NRA65 pension, but your NRA60 wouldn’t be reduced.

But if the new scheme comes in ( receive at 67 pension scheme ) I'll lose 35% of my pension , not such a good scheme after all then !

The CWU’s WinRS proposal did have an NRA of 67, so that would have applied to all pension accrued after 1st April 2018.
But WinRS was still a Defined Benefit scheme and the idea was thrown out by RM as unaffordable and too risky.

We are told the current joint proposal is for a ‘Wage in Retirement Collective Defined Contribution scheme’. But what that actually means in terms of contributions, pension, retirement age, etc hasn’t yet been communicated to us.

New pension deal!

12 Jan 2018, 09:57

Let's hope it's not renamed Work Till You Drop Scheme

New pension deal!

12 Jan 2018, 12:38

mark.cup wrote:Let's hope it's not renamed Work Till You Drop Scheme

Well that's the governments preferred option.... :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1