ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

AVC Valuation

30 Dec 2017, 12:29

Something that has always confused me and with retirement looming I need to find out what this is.

In my current AVC valuations (direct from the Zurich site) it lists TOTAL value, AVC and NPR for flexiplan (and bonusplan).

So what is the significance of the NPR figure? And does NPR mean 'non-protected rights'? Although am still none the wiser if it does. Can I just base my lump-sum expectations on the TOTAL value as I have always done?

Just to add that my combined AVCs will be used to fund my tax-free lump sum, leaving pension maximised.

AVC Valuation

30 Dec 2017, 17:50

It’s something that’s always flummoxed me aswell.

As far as I know NPR does stand for Non Protected Rights, and that normally relates to contributions made by employers and employees. Whereas Protected Rights relates to National Insurance rebates in contracted out DC pensions.

But if you look at your annual AVC statement/s, there is no mention of NPR, so I think it’s safe to say the total value is what’s important and that’s what you should base your calculations on.

AVC Valuation

30 Dec 2017, 20:24

Although I don't have a flexiplan AVC my Bonusplan one is shown as the full amount less 10% on my Age 60 benefits form. This provisional amount is used for the AVC lump sum option. If you chose this option you will receive this amount at roughly the same time you start getting your pension. And after about 6 weeks they disinvest your AVC and recalulate your benefits taking into account any changes. And I assume pay you the remainder of your AVC. It also saids that whatever option you choose, if you are currently making regular contributions to your AVC and continuing pension contributions further payments will continue into your AVC unless you write in and ask to stop them. I chose option 1a where I take my NRA60 pension in full and take my AVC as the tax free lump sum.

AVC Valuation

30 Dec 2017, 23:12

RobertT wrote:But if you look at your annual AVC statement/s, there is no mention of NPR, so I think it’s safe to say the total value is what’s important and that’s what you should base your calculations on.

Yes not thought to look at the statement for valuation @ March 2016. No mention of NPR :thumbup

AVC Valuation

30 Dec 2017, 23:14

fly-catchers wrote:Although I don't have a flexiplan AVC my Bonusplan one is shown as the full amount less 10% on my Age 60 benefits form. This provisional amount is used for the AVC lump sum option. If you chose this option you will receive this amount at roughly the same time you start getting your pension. And after about 6 weeks they disinvest your AVC and recalulate your benefits taking into account any changes. And I assume pay you the remainder of your AVC. It also saids that whatever option you choose, if you are currently making regular contributions to your AVC and continuing pension contributions further payments will continue into your AVC unless you write in and ask to stop them. I chose option 1a where I take my NRA60 pension in full and take my AVC as the tax free lump sum.

Makes sense - I know what to expect in the coming months :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1