ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Started at RM after 2008, can't get DB, any changes coming up?

31 Aug 2017, 20:04

From my understanding, everyone who started after 2008 is forced into the DC scheme, with no option for the DB scheme.

I've many years experience behind a sub Post Office counter, but only started at RMG just over a year ago, the current best I can do is 6% of my wages / 9% boost from RMG.

Possibly the 9% boost will become a 10% boost.

I know pensions are a large part of the ongoing talks / possible strikes, is there any chance of the Posties who joined after 2008 getting the same deal as the earlier Posties?

Is anything else upcoming for anyone who joined after 2008?

01 Sep 2017, 04:42

The union want a pension scheme with the same terms for everyone and have put forward their WinRS DB proposal. But RM have rejected that and want a two tier workforce as far as pensions are concerned. Although the current DB scheme will still close to future accrual for existing members.

12 Sep 2017, 14:51

I have been with RM for over 30 years. If we do get some joy over pensions via industrial action, and the new WinRS DB scheme does get implemented in some shape or form, will this be to the detriment of my already built up Final Salary scheme and my DB scheme up to march 2018? Are these safe/frozen and the potential changes with WinRS DB scheme, applicable to my pension from march 2018 onwards only?
Many thanks

12 Sep 2017, 15:37

There will be no changes to the pension you've accrued up to 31st March 2018. It's what our pensions from that date onwards will look like that's currently in the air.

12 Sep 2017, 16:48

Thankyou Robert

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1