ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

IHR and Lump sum

16 Feb 2017, 03:43

Hi, I am due to be offered ihr with immediate pension within the next few weeks. I have not seen the quote from the Pensions Dept yet, but I was wondering whether I will still be given the option to take the maximum tax free lump sum and smaller pension, or will I have to just take the pension only?
Thanks for any advice.

IHR and Lump sum

15 Mar 2017, 12:49

did you get a pension quote ?? I may have the same option ncoming up soon

IHR and Lump sum

02 May 2017, 00:58

up a big hill wrote:did you get a pension quote ?? I may have the same option ncoming up soon

Yes, finally came up a couple of weeks ago. It was worth so much more than even I thought. I knew that the immediate pension quote gave me all my benefits without any losses, and that I would get another pension to go with it. However, when I took the option for the maximum lump sum for my pension, I didn't realise that I also got a maximum lump sum for the second pension too! Added together it was a very large lump sum.
I have heard that RM intend to change the IHR rule in April 2018, so I would try and conclude everything soon.

IHR and Lump sum

02 May 2017, 18:33

How did you go about IHR as I am 59 with knackered knees!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1