not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail Pensionplan/Defined Contribution Plan:Websites

07 Mar 2017, 19:12

so you don't think they'll reach an agreement with this new pension proposal either then Robert?

07 Mar 2017, 19:27

daveyeff wrote:so you don't think they'll reach an agreement with this new pension proposal either then Robert?

The CWU proposal has got merits, but it’s the opposite to what RM want to implement, i.e RM want DC and the union are suggesting DB.
A DB scheme for all is an ideal, but personally I can’t see RM making a complete u-turn.

07 Mar 2017, 19:35

thelittlesthobo wrote:I joined Royal Mail in November 2007, and on my first day the induction manager told us not to join the Defined Benefit Scheme as we would lose our money, and told us to wait for the opening of the Defined Contribution Scheme - regrettably, I listened to him and am paying in to an absolutely useless scheme - is there anyway of getting back in to the older scheme as I got poor, negligent information from a Royal Mail manager?

Did others receive the same advice ? Can anyone corroborate your version of events ? Because that is not only the manager proferring financial advice (which they are not qualified to do), it is offering bad financial advice.
Almost tantamount to mis-selling.

I can offer you financial advice (though I wouldn't) because I'm just a random internet forum bloke - your line manager doing it is a completely different ball game.

09 Mar 2017, 18:23

If youve forgotten your log in details, where would I need to go to get it resent ?

09 Mar 2017, 19:22

NWpostie wrote:If youve forgotten your log in details, where would I need to go to get it resent ?

You could try the contact details here: https://www.myroyalmail.com/pensions/ro ... ution-plan

10 Mar 2017, 09:25

Thanks

21 Aug 2017, 15:59

Why did the Union ever agree to a DC scheme? It's disgraceful that there are two 'classes' of postmen who all do exactly the same job and some of us are contributing into a scheme that will leave us in pension poverty compared to those in the DB scheme! Why did the Union ever allow the DC scheme through?

21 Aug 2017, 16:35

thelittlesthobo wrote:Why did the Union ever agree to a DC scheme? It's disgraceful that there are two 'classes' of postmen who all do exactly the same job and some of us are contributing into a scheme that will leave us in pension poverty compared to those in the DB scheme! Why did the Union ever allow the DC scheme through?

I don't think they did agree to it.

09 Feb 2018, 22:22

RobertT wrote:
thelittlesthobo wrote:I joined Royal Mail in November 2007, and on my first day the induction manager told us not to join the Defined Benefit Scheme as we would lose our money, and told us to wait for the opening of the Defined Contribution Scheme - regrettably, I listened to him and am paying in to an absolutely useless scheme - is there anyway of getting back in to the older scheme as I got poor, negligent information from a Royal Mail manager?

That was seriously bad advice but unless you have written proof that was said to you, then I would have thought you’d have no chance whatsoever of any recompense.

Give it a year or so and we’ll all be in a DC scheme anyway! :Boo hoo!

18 Feb 2018, 22:41

And here we are

Royal Mail Pensionplan/Defined Contribution Plan:Websites : Updated 08/2018

18 May 2019, 10:36

The new link for RM AVC's now administered by Scottish Widows:
https://money4life.scottishwidows.co.uk/employee/#/

The new link for the RM Defined Contribution Plan now also administered by Scottish Widows:
https://www.scottishwidows.co.uk/save/royalmaildcplan/
Last edited by RobertT on 01 Jul 2019, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Mail Pensionplan/Defined Contribution Plan:Websites : Updated 08/2018

20 Jun 2019, 20:15

Earlier today: Adrian Bailey MP Asks Mel Stride About Timetable For Royal Mail Pension Scheme

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2