not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PSMs and FSMs

21 Jul 2020, 06:34

Just curious... which mail centres currently have FSMs and PSMs?

PSMs and FSMs

22 Jul 2020, 10:34

Lockardian wrote:Just curious... which mail centres currently have FSMs and PSMs?

If a Mail Centre has a PSM then it will invariably also have a T2K (FSM) but not vice versa.
There are currently 20 PSMs installed but 4 MC's have got 2 machines so 16 MC's in total have them. These are Glasgow, Preston, Warrington, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol x2, HCN x2, Peterborough, Sheffield, S.Mids x2, Swindon, Chelmsford, Gatwick, Jubilee x2 and Greenford.

As for T2K's then every MC will have one with the exception of the really small ones.

PSMs and FSMs

22 Jul 2020, 11:08

Cheers.

I know that Plymouth have an PSM (might be a relatively recent thing) but not an FSM.
Newcastle (Tyneside) has an FSM but no PSM yet - though I’ve heard rumours that may change.

Small centres like you say have neither - you’d probably struggle to fit a T2K in places like Inverness or Carlisle. I think both of these centres divert all their 2C/T48 outward sort (except mech letters) to larger centres with automation.

I assume every MC has at least one IMP and CSS machine?
Last edited by Lockardian on 16 Aug 2020, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

PSMs and FSMs

22 Jul 2020, 15:14

I can see RM getting rid of all the FSMs as there just isn't the volume of flats now.

Normally MCs will either have CFCs, iLSMs and CSS or IMPs and CSS.

With letter volumes dropping I think it's only a matter of time before RM consider getting rid of a few CSS machines in MCs

PSMs and FSMs

23 Jul 2020, 08:49

Steve_claret wrote:
Lockardian wrote:Just curious... which mail centres currently have FSMs and PSMs?

If a Mail Centre has a PSM then it will invariably also have a T2K (FSM) but not vice versa.
There are currently 20 PSMs installed but 4 MC's have got 2 machines so 16 MC's in total have them. These are Glasgow, Preston, Warrington, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol x2, HCN x2, Peterborough, Sheffield, S.Mids x2, Swindon, Chelmsford, Gatwick, Jubilee x2 and Greenford.

As for T2K's then every MC will have one with the exception of the really small ones.

That’s not actually the case as SOMC hasn’t got a T2K but is getting a PSM next year.

PSMs and FSMs

23 Jul 2020, 10:05

hubbahubba wrote:That’s not actually the case as SOMC hasn’t got a T2K but is getting a PSM next year.

Hasn't Southampton just recently concentrated Portsmouth though? Perhaps both of these MC's when they were separate didn't warrant a T2K but now they are concentrated then they do warrant a PSM. I can't see any MC's getting old technology T2Ks especially now that Large Letter volumes have fallen off a cliff.

PSMs and FSMs

23 Jul 2020, 10:17

Steve_claret wrote:
hubbahubba wrote:That’s not actually the case as SOMC hasn’t got a T2K but is getting a PSM next year.

Hasn't Southampton just recently concentrated Portsmouth though? Perhaps both of these MC's when they were separate didn't warrant a T2K but now they are concentrated then they do warrant a PSM. I can't see any MC's getting old technology T2Ks especially now that Large Letter volumes have fallen off a cliff.

I can't see any MC getting a FSM now, if they did get new machinery for sorting flats it'll likely be one that can process flats and letters together.

PSMs and FSMs

23 Jul 2020, 23:03

Steve_claret wrote:

SOMC currently has 3 IMPS 1iLSM and 5 CSS with a PSM next year apparently.

PSMs and FSMs

23 Jul 2020, 23:17

hubbahubba wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

What's the split like of sequencing done on the CSS machines and the sequencing done on the IMPs and iLSM and SOMC?

PSMs and FSMs

24 Jul 2020, 08:01

SpacePhoenix wrote:
hubbahubba wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

What's the split like of sequencing done on the CSS machines and the sequencing done on the IMPs and iLSM and SOMC?

iLSM has only just been installed and not in service yet.
On nights we just run the 5 CSS to sequence,IMPs only run anything that’s left by late shift-2c outward raw DSA etc

PSMs and FSMs

24 Jul 2020, 09:07

hubbahubba wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
hubbahubba wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

iLSM has only just been installed and not in service yet.
On nights we just run the 5 CSS to sequence,IMPs only run anything that’s left by late shift-2c outward raw DSA etc

iLSM's are ideal for bulk posting and business mail. They eat up DSA at +40k an hour. You obviously can't do social mail on them without a CFC doing the facing and stamping first. With an iLSM doing your inward arrivals you may find that you only need IMPs on nights to advance the 2c or sort any direct firms on a separate sortplan as you shouldn't be doing any DSA after 22:00.

PSMs and FSMs

24 Jul 2020, 09:25

Steve_claret wrote:iLSM's are ideal for bulk posting and business mail. They eat up DSA at +40k an hour. You obviously can't do social mail on them without a CFC doing the facing and stamping first. With an iLSM doing your inward arrivals you may find that you only need IMPs on nights to advance the 2c or sort any direct firms on a separate sortplan as you shouldn't be doing any DSA after 22:00.

With good mail you can often maintain 43-44k throughput and if you get really good mail you can occasionally get 55k ish throughput out of it. With the green cards the 2C can be run on an iLSM straight after the inward plan (which might well have all the direct firms on it)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1