not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 11:13

NG area D.O's not much through today. Heard the roof has gone in and flooded the MC at Beeston. How bad is it this time ?

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 11:26

Gone into the electrics and all the office are written off, Mail gone to sheffield for processing

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 12:02

2yearpostie wrote:Gone into the electrics and all the office are written off, Mail gone to sheffield for processing

What mech did they have (presumably all the machines are a write-off)?

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 12:25

Unless the whole office was flooded up to waist level I think that's very unlikely. No-one writes off a few hundred grand of machinery lightly.

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 12:29

We had 3 trays of mech and flats for the whole office ( i meant the managers offices look like theyve been written off not the whole mc)

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 12:30

Tman wrote:Unless the whole office was flooded up to waist level I think that's very unlikely. No-one writes off a few hundred grand of machinery lightly.

Would be less than waist high water needed to do major damage to the machines, probably about a foot high and it would start to get into the electrical cabinets for the machines and electrics cabinets

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 13:19

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... on-4239073

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 13:23

Nade the news https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 18&t=96432

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 13:49

Not the first time its happened , but first time its stopped mail getting to the D.O's , thought it must have been worse than normal.

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 15:58

guess they will not be getting the PSM then ? ?

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 19:59

Diverted to Sheffield, which itself was severely damaged in the floods around ten years ago :crazy:

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 20:09

Nottingham is just an MPU now. The MC for NG mail is now South Midlands in Northampton which wasn't flooded. As such it will just be the CSS machines which have been affected by this flood.

Nottingham MC

18 Jun 2020, 20:51

Aston Mail Centre in Birmingham was flooded 2 days ago too, all DO`s got no mec yesterday and today.

Tomorrow and Saturday will be a killer :nervous

Nottingham MC

19 Jun 2020, 13:44

Steve_claret wrote:Nottingham is just an MPU now. The MC for NG mail is now South Midlands in Northampton which wasn't flooded. As such it will just be the CSS machines which have been affected by this flood.

Are you sure

Nottingham MC

19 Jun 2020, 13:52

If it's just an MPU then the CSS machines might well be going at some point anyway

Nottingham MC

20 Jun 2020, 10:48

wallan wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:Nottingham is just an MPU now. The MC for NG mail is now South Midlands in Northampton which wasn't flooded. As such it will just be the CSS machines which have been affected by this flood.

Are you sure

No I'm not actually. Ignore me. Nottingham is still an MC for NG & DE. It's Northampton which closed down. I knew it started with an N. :arrrghhh

Nottingham MC

23 Jun 2020, 16:40

Were many items damaged during the recent " Flooding "

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1