not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Midlands Parcel Hub

08 Jun 2020, 16:21

Just watched the latest RMTV on myroyalmail.com and they say they are signing the lease for the new Midlands Parcel Hub. Anyone know where it is? West or East Midlands?

Midlands Parcel Hub

10 Jun 2020, 10:30

It's strange how the building seems to have been signed for yet nobody seems to know where it's located. Possibly to keep the competitors in the dark?

Midlands Parcel Hub

10 Jun 2020, 18:58

I'd imagine that they would build it near to East Midlands airport as that is where all the 1st class mail planes for Aberdeen, Guensey, Jersey, IOM and Belfast are. It would make sense logistically

Midlands Parcel Hub

13 Jun 2020, 17:40

Yes that would be the logical place, and it’s not to far from NDC and YDC. I have heard mention of Coventry. A lot of logistics company have moved to EMA and the area has plenty of scope for new builds as well

Midlands Parcel Hub

13 Jun 2020, 18:31

Midlands Parcel Hub

13 Jun 2020, 19:01

How far is the Warrington hub away from the nearest railway line?

Midlands Parcel Hub

15 Jun 2020, 11:53

SpacePhoenix wrote:How far is the Warrington hub away from the nearest railway line?

Take your pick!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/roya ... a=!3m1!4b1

Midlands Parcel Hub

15 Jun 2020, 13:06

I wonder if RM ever looked into trying to purchase the what looks like a sports club field on the opposite side of the railway line to the current rail hub. If they had managed to get that and built the parcel hub there, they could have had a raised conveyor belt and walkway over the railway line to the rail hub.

Another possibility is they could have bought some land further south and moved the NWDC, rail hub and built the parcel hub together

Midlands Parcel Hub

17 Jun 2020, 11:48

fredtheegg wrote:Just watched the latest RMTV on myroyalmail.com and they say they are signing the lease for the new Midlands Parcel Hub. Anyone know where it is? West or East Midlands?

Good question. But I would like to ask does anyone on here know what is actually hapening. Is a mail centre closing in the midlands, are certain mail centres informed that they are losing say 2nd class large parcels, or do people not know?

Midlands Parcel Hub

17 Jun 2020, 15:48

I am not aware of any further Mail Centre closures in the North or loss of any further work than what had already been lost prior to the new NW parcel hub opening. That isn't to say there won't be further MC closures though. Nowhere is safe nowadays especially buildings which are on a leased basis just like the recent announcement regarding the proposed closure of Romford MC.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1