not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Career progression from being a Postie. Best way forward/upward?

19 Apr 2020, 12:41

Hello, I have been working for Royal Mail as a postie for 7 months and want to develop a career within the Royal Mail. I currently work at a fairly small delivery office of around 40 people. Do you have any recommendations on what I should do to progress from a postie role? Am I better off staying where I am for longer / transferring to a different delivery office for a while / transferring to a mail centre / doing the locker job at a delivery office?
Also, does anyone know if there is a list of current job vacancies that is visible to only employees. I have been informed that the only way to find out if any jobs are available is to phone a delivery office and ask or look on the external job vacancies website.
Thanks in advance!

Career progression from being a Postie. Best way forward/upward?

21 Apr 2020, 19:30

RM have a career progression programme called Springboard where female colleagues who want to develop their career can be mentored and supported as they train to be managers maybe have a look at that. Ur manager should have details about the local Springboard programme or even a contact. I myself would wait 2years and learn the job properly re transfers are difficult atm to get as everywhere are reducing headcounts. Also look at Success Factors and look at jobs online on www.royalmail.com

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1