not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Disapointing the lack of social distancing in Mail centre

24 Mar 2020, 08:06

The area I work in attempted and did very well with social distancing, however on the main floor, I have to say it was disappointing to see both postpersons and managers talking inches from each other and certainly not six feet away.
We need to be aware, this social distancing is not just for fun, it is to prevent our NHS being overwhelmed, so that it can deal with our loved ones, when they become ill from Corona virus, a heart attack or cancer.
We may think that us being infected does not matter, but one person being infected, using the mulitpiler ends up infecting 400 other people of which 4 can be expected to die.
Some people who work for Royal Mail, also have family in grave danger, if their family member gets the virus.
Please consider the whole community.
Thank you,

24 Mar 2020, 09:03

I see the Royal Mail Brief to Managers only says a two meter social distancing should be observed 'where possible'. Managers are going to say it is not possible.
When I worked at Mount Pleasant there would be 3 or more people working on a sorting bay intended for one person.

24 Mar 2020, 15:48

baldrick wrote:I see the Royal Mail Brief to Managers only says a two meter social distancing should be observed 'where possible'. Managers are going to say it is not possible.
When I worked at Mount Pleasant there would be 3 or more people working on a sorting bay intended for one person.

Then collectively we will be responsible for a shortage of available ICU beds and I am sorry to say, some deaths.

25 Mar 2020, 07:32

I went to sign for some overtime yesterday there was a good 8 or 9 in the 8 foot x 10 foot office

25 Mar 2020, 08:32

stephen500 wrote:
baldrick wrote:I see the Royal Mail Brief to Managers only says a two meter social distancing should be observed 'where possible'. Managers are going to say it is not possible.

Then collectively we will be responsible for a shortage of available ICU beds and I am sorry to say, some deaths.

Yes I think a lot of mc staff will be getting and spreading the virus.

27 Mar 2020, 19:12

I dared to mention having taped lines on floor especailly by den.The manager and union just srugged there shoulders.We even had two managers go out in van today.Then they wete moaning about tracked parcels not going out yesterday.Just a bunch of nancy boys

27 Mar 2020, 21:17

One thing that could improve it, where a DO has multiple selections, just have 1 selection per physical office so packet bullrings can be made smaller, which might, with a bit of tweaking improve separation between setups. The same could be done for yorks of letters and flats

29 Mar 2020, 15:46

SpacePhoenix wrote:One thing that could improve it, where a DO has multiple selections, just have 1 selection per physical office so packet bullrings can be made smaller, which might, with a bit of tweaking improve separation between setups. The same could be done for yorks of letters and flats

I have often wondered why some DO's get so many inward selections especially when they only have one inward sort at the DO.

29 Mar 2020, 17:27

Steve_claret wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:One thing that could improve it, where a DO has multiple selections, just have 1 selection per physical office so packet bullrings can be made smaller, which might, with a bit of tweaking improve separation between setups. The same could be done for yorks of letters and flats

I have often wondered why some DO's get so many inward selections especially when they only have one inward sort at the DO.

Some DOs might possibly effectively work as two separate DOs under the same roof

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1