not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

6 ft social distancing in Mail centres or Delivery office and no shared vans - Good Idea?

23 Mar 2020, 09:53

So as per the title shouldn't we be having 6 ft social distancing in Mail centres or Delivery office and no shared vans - Good Idea? I have just spent 4 days off, not getting close to any one, staying in, apart from isolated cycle rides and now I have to go to work, mingling and working with others, less than 6 ft away? What are our union and employer doing about this?

6 ft social distancing in Mail centres or Delivery office and no shared vans - Good Idea?

23 Mar 2020, 10:10

stephen500 wrote:So as per the title shouldn't we be having 6 ft social distancing in Mail centres or Delivery office and no shared vans - Good Idea? I have just spent 4 days off, not getting close to any one, staying in, apart from isolated cycle rides and now I have to go to work, mingling and working with others, less than 6 ft away? What are our union and employer doing about this?

Some sections it'll be workable, some sections it won't (including where it's physically impossible not be less than 6ft from others)

23 Mar 2020, 10:49

I'd say you have to stop rotating staff about the building for starters. On machines just stay at one bit all shift. Wipe when you finish wipe when you start.

23 Mar 2020, 11:27

charlatans wrote:I'd say you have to stop rotating staff about the building for starters. On machines just stay at one bit all shift. Wipe when you finish wipe when you start.

Not possible on a CSS machine, it's 2hrs on 2hrs off in a MC and 2hrs on 1/2 an hour off in an MPU (some MPUs might have enough alternate work to enable 2 on 2 off)

23 Mar 2020, 11:41

iwould try to make it possible if i were you. Things have to change. dont accept it.

23 Mar 2020, 12:16

I have asked both the national CWU and Royal Mail what advice they can give about social distancing at work and as of yet, no reply. I have been off work for a few days, so I guess I will have to ask my local union rep and line manager when I return.

23 Mar 2020, 12:25

This is pretty grim. Kept distance for the last 3 days out of work. Go in to a backshift and die. Ace

23 Mar 2020, 12:30

stephen500 wrote:I have asked both the national CWU and Royal Mail what advice they can give about social distancing at work and as of yet, no reply..

Perhaps it's time more of us asked the question..

coronavirus.support@royalmail.com

23 Mar 2020, 13:41

Woody Guthrie wrote:
stephen500 wrote:I have asked both the national CWU and Royal Mail what advice they can give about social distancing at work and as of yet, no reply..

Perhaps it's time more of us asked the question..

coronavirus.support@royalmail.com

I have asked and am awaiting an answer

23 Mar 2020, 13:49

WhatsApp CWU group has sent out a message regarding upcoming meetings with management today.

Copied from another thread by Woody Guthrie

The Communications Union
1 hr
We are meeting Royal Mail at 1pm today. In advance of this meeting we are publishing to you some of our key demands on the Health and Safety of our members.

It is clear to us that government guidance on social spacing is not being followed in offices across the UK. It is also clear to us that our members do not have the sanitizers, masks and gloves they need to be comfortable carrying out their roles.

From today we want a process / check off in every office to ensure the above is in place.

Also from today:

* The operation must cease the use of shared vans immediately and strict guidelines on social distancing must be introduced in every office (2 meters apart)

* In managing the operation as sick absence/self-isolation increases, absorption must now be suspended. A national decision needs to be taken on this today.

* An agreement must be made on how the company is treating vulnerable workers or workers who have seriously vulnerable people at home.

* All local managers and reps should meet tomorrow morning on a mandatory basis. This meeting should record and implement a plan to deal with any shortages of PPE and look at options to increase social spacing. These options should include consideration to implementing night shifts in offices to lessen pressure on IPS, introducing staggered start times on a temporary basis, deliveries going out later and more flexible attendance patterns.

* In order to protect the workforce and deal with operational contingency planning, the company and the union should set up working groups at every level. These groups will ensure the true picture on the ground is reflected in any ongoing discussions.

We will update you all following the meeting with Royal Mail.

Dave Ward Terry Pullinger
GS DGSP

23 Mar 2020, 14:09

midegarelu wrote:WhatsApp CWU group has sent out a message regarding upcoming meetings with management today.

Copied from another thread by Woody Guthrie

The Communications Union
1 hr
We are meeting Royal Mail at 1pm today. In advance of this meeting we are publishing to you some of our key demands on the Health and Safety of our members.

It is clear to us that government guidance on social spacing is not being followed in offices across the UK. It is also clear to us that our members do not have the sanitizers, masks and gloves they need to be comfortable carrying out their roles.

From today we want a process / check off in every office to ensure the above is in place.

Also from today:

* The operation must cease the use of shared vans immediately and strict guidelines on social distancing must be introduced in every office (2 meters apart)

* In managing the operation as sick absence/self-isolation increases, absorption must now be suspended. A national decision needs to be taken on this today.

* An agreement must be made on how the company is treating vulnerable workers or workers who have seriously vulnerable people at home.

* All local managers and reps should meet tomorrow morning on a mandatory basis. This meeting should record and implement a plan to deal with any shortages of PPE and look at options to increase social spacing. These options should include consideration to implementing night shifts in offices to lessen pressure on IPS, introducing staggered start times on a temporary basis, deliveries going out later and more flexible attendance patterns.

* In order to protect the workforce and deal with operational contingency planning, the company and the union should set up working groups at every level. These groups will ensure the true picture on the ground is reflected in any ongoing discussions.

We will update you all following the meeting with Royal Mail.

Dave Ward Terry Pullinger
GS DGSP

Well done

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1