not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

I work in a mail centre and I need help in finding information f

09 Jan 2020, 15:39

I work in a mail centre and I need help in finding information from other mail centres please.

With the mail centre there is 3 sections, processing, distubution, deliveries.
I work in the delivery section trying for the last 18 to move to processing applying for 6 different duties with little success. Within our office processing can move into the deliveries section, distribution can move into the deliveries section, deliveries can move into distribution but no other section can move into processing, apparently its only offered to the processing staff if they wish to change shift or up hours or reduce hours, surely this isn’t right.I keep being told it’s a local ruling, does other mail centres have the same problem. I thought it was a fair ROYAL MAIL and things were done on
Seniority regardless what section you worked in.

Please help.
Last edited by POSTMAN on 12 Jan 2020, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic split and moved into the MC forum

I work in a mail centre and I need help in finding information f

13 Jan 2020, 10:52

Kingy64 wrote:I work in a mail centre and I need help in finding information from other mail centres please.

With the mail centre there is 3 sections, processing, distubution, deliveries.

Normally the delivery function doesn't come under the Mail Centre. Your MC may still have a delivery office under the same roof but it will be completely separate from processing and distribution as far as budgets are concerned. Your local CWU delivery rep will be the best person to talk to as to what the current policy is but processing tends to be overstaffed in MC's particularly those with a parcel machine. Perhaps this could be the reason why transfers from delivery into processing is currently being blocked.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1