not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Christmas Eve

21 Dec 2019, 20:58

Work in mail centre and just wondering if this is affecting any other MC's.
If your MC is closing at 18.00 hrs on Christmas eve and your normal duty is 18.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs, can they change your duty time to start at 14.00 hrs to 18.00hrs.
Reason I ask is I always thought there was no Claw back of time anymore which this seems to be. Also if the company decides to close the office at that time that's their decision. I may have other commitments in the afternoon which is why I work the hours I do and to be told I have to take A/L makes me even more angry, for why should I take A/L for hours I don't do under my duty contract.

Christmas Eve

22 Dec 2019, 17:14

[quote="pinza"]Work in mail centre and just wondering if this is affecting any other MC's.
If your MC is closing at 18.00 hrs on Christmas eve and your normal duty is 18.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs, can they change your duty time to start at 14.00 hrs to 18.00hrs.
Reason I ask is I always thought there was no Claw back of time anymore which this seems to be. Also if the company decides to close the office at that time that's their decision. I may have other commitments in the afternoon which is why I work the hours I do and to be told I have to take A/L makes me even more angry, for why should I take A/L for hours I don't do under my duty contract.

ive never known my MC to close at 18.00 on Christmas eve the earliest i have ever finished is 21.40

I have been offered the option to start earlier and finish earlier on either Christmas or new years eve however this is up to me I can stay on my normal duty time and finish at 22.00 or hopefully a little earlier.

Duty times are duty times you can not be forced to start earlier

Christmas Eve

22 Dec 2019, 21:53

More normal practice in my experience is to roll back Lates shift start times aiming at a 6pm finish - so full timers come in at 10pm, part timers at 2pm. There's no work, why would they keep you there till near 10pm?!

Christmas Eve

25 Dec 2019, 13:30

I finished at 21.20 busy all night

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1