not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

I have a chance of coming out of delivery to go to Mail Centre Distributions advice.

26 Nov 2019, 16:48

Im in delivery on a 30hr contract, recently ive thought about coming out of this to work in the mail centre or at least get a foot in the door in the mail centre. After going down to speak to someone recently ive had a phone call today and have been offered a job in collections. Now the snag is its a 20 hr contract which is not really ideal and I think the hours are 3pm til 7pm which is fine. My question is, is it ok to make a contract step backwards as ive heard once your down at the mail centre then there are opportunities for other things where as in delivery (where I currently am) there is none to really progress? Also is there decent opportunities for overtime?

I have a chance of coming out of delivery to go to Mail Centre Distributions advice.

Yesterday, 17:15

You have to weigh it up on balance between the two, if you have little prospect of getting a duty of your own or more hours in deliveries because of limited seniority then you might as well make the move to collections. In terms of making up the shortfall in hours 10 isn't a lot and you could always work OT in deliveries in the morning.

Yesterday, 19:07

Is collections really a safe option? isn't there the chance that RM will move all but bulk collections onto delivery?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1