not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

SWW 35 hours Full Time

24 Aug 2019, 14:46

The Four Pillars agreement states;
13. Shorter Working Week
"New full time employees from October 2018, recruited either from existing employees or new recruits in the core OPG grade, will be on a 35 hour week at the current hourly basic pay rate with pro-rata allowances aligned to the current full-time conditioned hours."

At our RDC new employees were given a 35 hour "full-time" contract post October 2018. As the flight path to 35 hours appears to be stalling an anomaly will remain unless all employees attain a 35 hours in future as the agreement implied.

SWW 35 hours Full Time

24 Aug 2019, 15:01

rogersh wrote:The Four Pillars agreement states;
13. Shorter Working Week
"New full time employees from October 2018, recruited either from existing employees or new recruits in the core OPG grade, will be on a 35 hour week at the current hourly basic pay rate with pro-rata allowances aligned to the current full-time conditioned hours."

At our RDC new employees were given a 35 hour "full-time" contract post October 2018. As the flight path to 35 hours appears to be stalling an anomaly will remain unless all employees attain a 35 hours in future as the agreement implied.

Full-time is just a title that can easily be removed.
Since they are only being paid for 35 hours at the same hourly rate as us they are really what used to be called LTFT or part-time.

SWW 35 hours Full Time

24 Aug 2019, 16:06

Woody Guthrie wrote:
rogersh wrote:The Four Pillars agreement states;
13. Shorter Working Week

Full-time is just a title that can easily be removed.
Since they are only being paid for 35 hours at the same hourly rate as us they are really what used to be called LTFT or part-time.

The new contracts original wording stated part-time. This wording was challenged by those concerned & then amended to full-time through HR.
I suppose the point I am making is that the 35 hour week has been adhered to per agreement but the "spirit of intention" to achieve 35 for all appears to be in doubt.In the case of a 35 not being implemented would it not be fair for those on 35 to have hours brought in line with "Full-Time" hours for parity.
Last edited by rogersh on 24 Aug 2019, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

SWW 35 hours Full Time

24 Aug 2019, 16:21

would it not be fair for those on 35 to have hours brought in line with "Full-Time" hours for parity.

Increasing their contracted hours would need work to fill those hours, if the hours are there and you follow seniority with regards to resourcing those extra hours then fair enough.

Without the work then no. All part-time staff will lose out if the SWW fails to materialise, you can't compensate some with an artificial uplift in hours and not others.

Just my opinion though for what it's worth.

SWW 35 hours Full Time

24 Aug 2019, 16:37

Woody Guthrie wrote:
would it not be fair for those on 35 to have hours brought in line with "Full-Time" hours for parity.

Increasing their contracted hours would need work to fill those hours, if the hours are there and you follow seniority with regards to resourcing those extra hours then fair enough.

Without the work then no. All part-time staff will lose out if the SWW fails to materialise, you can't compensate some with an artificial uplift in hours and not others.

Just my opinion though for what it's worth.

Overtime is constantly available on a daily basis at our RDC along with constant use of agency staff(above 12 weeks). Resourcing was also a feature of the four pillars "Both parties will re-affirm that they will deploy legally binding commitments to part-time workers and the use of agency workers" . I believe there was always scope to give those concerned 38 hour contracts pre October 2018.

SWW 35 hours Full Time

27 Aug 2019, 19:16

There was vacancys at our RDC for full time mail processors on one of them full time contracts for 3 months cant remember what it was , till xmas I think. What I don't agree with is theres full time staff who want a move and change into the RDC and after there 3 month contract you trying to tell me they will be finished up ?? don't think so should be givin to staff after the 3 months who our already in the business and want to transfer over there . lets just see what happens ay :shock: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1