not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Special delivery signed at 05:50am

21 Aug 2019, 13:50

I have sent a special delivery to the DWP in Wolverhampton and tracking shows it was signed for at 05:50 am this morning at NW Midlands mail centre.
Does this mail centre has a designated area just for DWP mail or has something gone wrong?

22 Aug 2019, 19:17

RM used to have a contract with DWP for mail opening and sorting for delivery into local DWP offices.
This stopped a few years ago at several MC's.
As far as I know NW midlands is one of those that kept the contract, if this is the case then your letter has been received into the pipeline correctly.

23 Aug 2019, 07:59

midegarelu wrote:RM used to have a contract with DWP for mail opening and sorting for delivery into local DWP offices.
This stopped a few years ago at several MC's.
As far as I know NW midlands is one of those that kept the contract, if this is the case then your letter has been received into the pipeline correctly.

NW Mids is now the only MC in the country that has a mail opening service for DWP. They introduced 2 new postcodes WV98 & 99 specifically for DWP mail.

22 Sep 2019, 07:14

how lazy our DWP cant even be arsed opening there own mail ??? :cuppa :arrrghhh

23 Sep 2019, 05:47

maisymoo04 wrote:how lazy our DWP cant even be arsed opening there own mail ??? :cuppa :arrrghhh

It's not just about opening mail!

The letters are opened then sorted to the correct department and then delivered ready sorted to DWP before they open.

It's probably cheaper and more efficient for them to do it this way.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1