not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

MGV/LGV career path

02 Jul 2019, 00:47

Looking for some advice. I've been with royal mail for 4 years now on delivery. I wanted to open my options within royal mail, so I started training for my CAT C license, with I have passed. A position came up on successfactors for an MGV role, I applied and got an interview/assessment. I didn't get the position, as I would require more training to be at royal mail's standard, so I was told. I cant get experience as I am a fulltime employee with a rotating rest day. So I wouldn't be able to get an unbroken 45hr rest week in. My manager is unwilling to give me every other Saturday off to help me with the driver hours, which I can understand. What I want to know is has anyone ever got a MGV/LGV position without experience? Cause to me it's looking like I will need to leave royal mail to get the experience, and this is not what I want. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

MGV/LGV career paths

04 Jul 2019, 01:16

Work for an agency on your day off, you can reduce hours to 24 hours every other week.

MGV/LGV career path

04 Jul 2019, 05:57

If you have completed your cpc and have a driver card contact your local distribution manger and ask for the adc to do a change over so your can do overtime on your day off. Once you have that just start doing overtime to gain experience that’s what I did

MGV/LGV career path

04 Jul 2019, 09:27

Jamie162 wrote:If you have completed your cpc and have a driver card contact your local distribution manger and ask for the adc to do a change over so your can do overtime on your day off. Once you have that just start doing overtime to gain experience that’s what I did

Yeah I have all those and I have contacted the Area Distributions Manager. However, because I am on a rotating rest day, I need to have a 45 hour unbroken rest period every other week and my manager wont allow that. So I cant work any overtime, I have got the union involved, because the email informing me, detailed that I will be given the extra training. So I'll see where this goes. My concern was that an agency work may have been picked a head of me, if that is the case, they will always have more experience.

MGV/LGV career path

04 Jul 2019, 15:37

What’s your finish time? If it’s 2pm can you ask your manger to come in late after your rotating day off or Monday

MGV/LGV career path

05 Jul 2019, 19:30

Jamie162 wrote:What’s your finish time? If it’s 2pm can you ask your manger to come in late after your rotating day off or Monday

I have since found out the (sunday week one) and (monday week 2) can be counted as a rest week.

How long did you have to wait before you could move into mgv/lgv?

MGV/LGV career path

05 Jul 2019, 19:53

Depends on if there’s a vacancy think I did overtime for around a year, try and get them to pay it at mgv sa rate so you get mgv overtime rate then

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1