not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE



SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 12:28

IS SWINDON MAIL CENTRE CLOSING DOWN THAT THE RUMOR

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 13:13

PROPERMONKEY wrote:IS SWINDON MAIL CENTRE CLOSING DOWN THAT THE RUMOR

Do RM own the site or do they lease it (and if they lease it, is the lease up for renewal)?

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 15:44

Which Swindon mail center?

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 17:28

RM invested millions in SNMC around 10/11 years ago to accommodate the closures of RG and OX MC’S.
3 years ago they installed a huge PSM. Of course it’s possible that it could be relocated but closing down? Bristol I believe struggle with Bs/Ba/Ta/Gl and I cant see Jubilee coping wiv Sn work. I think someone’s yanking your chain fella, if I turn out to be wrong then I apologize.

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 17:29

PROPERMONKEY wrote:IS SWINDON MAIL CENTRE CLOSING DOWN THAT THE RUMOR


I would be very surprised if it did as it is a very big MC and it would leave a very big hole if it did. Bristol is the nearest MC in the SW region but it couldn't handle the extra workload. I think it might be idle speculation and even somebody like me who could think of some closures would never consider it.

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 17:35

Jonesy 1971 wrote:RM invested millions in SNMC around 10/11 years ago to accommodate the closures of RG and OX MC’S.
3 years ago they installed a huge PSM. Of course it’s possible that it could be relocated but closing down? Bristol I believe struggle with Bs/Ba/Ta/Gl and I cant see Jubilee coping wiv Sn work. I think someone’s yanking your chain fella, if I turn out to be wrong then I apologize.


JMC def couldn't cover it practically every MC on all sides of it have too much work. The only closure that is on the cards due to re-leasing issue potentially is Romford and that if it does will cause a big reshuffle in the London area and every MC has too much work to take any more.

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 18:12

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
PROPERMONKEY wrote:IS SWINDON MAIL CENTRE CLOSING DOWN THAT THE RUMOR


I would be very surprised if it did as it is a very big MC and it would leave a very big hole if it did. Bristol is the nearest MC in the SW region but it couldn't handle the extra workload. I think it might be idle speculation and even somebody like me who could think of some closures would never consider it.


rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
Jonesy 1971 wrote:RM invested millions in SNMC around 10/11 years ago to accommodate the closures of RG and OX MC’S.
3 years ago they installed a huge PSM. Of course it’s possible that it could be relocated but closing down? Bristol I believe struggle with Bs/Ba/Ta/Gl and I cant see Jubilee coping wiv Sn work. I think someone’s yanking your chain fella, if I turn out to be wrong then I apologize.


JMC def couldn't cover it practically every MC on all sides of it have too much work. The only closure that is on the cards due to re-leasing issue potentially is Romford and that if it does will cause a big reshuffle in the London area and every MC has too much work to take any more.


The only potential reason that i can think off for it to close is if it's leased and RM can't get the lease renewed

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

25 Jun 2019, 19:22

SpacePhoenix wrote:
rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
PROPERMONKEY wrote:IS SWINDON MAIL CENTRE CLOSING DOWN THAT THE RUMOR


I would be very surprised if it did as it is a very big MC and it would leave a very big hole if it did. Bristol is the nearest MC in the SW region but it couldn't handle the extra workload. I think it might be idle speculation and even somebody like me who could think of some closures would never consider it.


rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
Jonesy 1971 wrote:RM invested millions in SNMC around 10/11 years ago to accommodate the closures of RG and OX MC’S.
3 years ago they installed a huge PSM. Of course it’s possible that it could be relocated but closing down? Bristol I believe struggle with Bs/Ba/Ta/Gl and I cant see Jubilee coping wiv Sn work. I think someone’s yanking your chain fella, if I turn out to be wrong then I apologize.


JMC def couldn't cover it practically every MC on all sides of it have too much work. The only closure that is on the cards due to re-leasing issue potentially is Romford and that if it does will cause a big reshuffle in the London area and every MC has too much work to take any more.


The only potential reason that i can think off for it to close is if it's leased and RM can't get the lease renewed


If thats the case and similar to Romford then some senior heads should roll. As a shareholder its not acceptable

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

10 Jul 2019, 10:01

Spoke to a former colleague who is now at SN he told me that there maybe proposals to merge BS and SN as a Super MC in the future

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

10 Jul 2019, 10:54

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:Spoke to a former colleague who is now at SN he told me that there maybe proposals to merge BS and SN as a Super MC in the future

That doesn't bode well for smaller MCs if even larger MCs could get closed and merged

SWINDON M C CLOSING DOWN

15 Jul 2019, 17:10

Swindon Mail Centre ... safe and sound .... at least 5 years. I was talking to Jim Atwood who is top notch in the planning some where in London. Swindon MC is covering very important area and Royal Mail can not afford to shut it down...unless Northampton is prepared to take OX and RG mail ....SN and GL workload could be done by Bristol,

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1