not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Night sorter shift allowance

15 Jan 2019, 17:42

Hi I work in a delivery office as a postie, but we’ve been informed there are night shift vacancies at the local sorting office sorting tracked items, just wondering what the night shift allowance is? Also do mail centre staff still get door2door allowances/ any differing allowances/ wage variations to posties in delivery

15 Jan 2019, 19:43

The exact rates are on this site but just looking at my pay slip, it's around 2.30-ish an hour for the night allowance. Every mail centre I've worked in - four so far, they keep closing - has had a bonus scheme, of varying payouts each month. I don't know how this compares to being on delivery.

That being said, I've never been on delivery but just from reading posts here, there's a world of difference from there and a mail centre gig. Generally, it's a lot less physically demanding but there are some duties so mind-numbing and dull they make doing a walk look as exciting as being a rocket scientist.

Cultures differ from mail centre to centre. I'd try to find out as much as I can. Is there going to be a lot of work, with you pressed to make a dispatch, and managers standing behind you at all times, arms folded? Or is it more relaxed, with time for a chat? What's the overtime situation in general? In spite of your duty sheet, are you going to be shuttled about the building night after night? Etc. etc.

15 Jan 2019, 20:16

Drew2 wrote:Hi I work in a delivery office as a postie, but we’ve been informed there are night shift vacancies at the local sorting office sorting tracked items, just wondering what the night shift allowance is? Also do mail centre staff still get door2door allowances/ any differing allowances/ wage variations to posties in delivery

Night allowance of about £88, and ~£10 processing rate per week full time. No delivery supplement because it isn't delivery.

If you love the sound of the PDA beep every few seconds then go for it.

15 Jan 2019, 21:21

Is your current DO an MPU or a normal DO?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1