not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE



One Logisitics

12 Jan 2019, 22:14

Apparently got told by a manager that Area Distribution is being separated from Network and going back to how it was and back with Processing and run under the Mail Centre. There was a briefing last week and it was sent via an email. Also we may have a new Head Manager nationally. Nothing on the CWU website either. I only ask because since we were put together with Network alot of work given to Network and MGV jobs lost in the process.

One Logisitics

12 Jan 2019, 22:20

Distribution in our MC has never really had anything to do with Network. It's always been run by the local distribution shift manager Sometimes processing staff who've got the CPC etc get loaned to distribution

One Logisitics

12 Jan 2019, 23:35

It's ALL about money. An MGV DRIVER is £516 basic for full time. Collection/network drivers are the exact same money as walk posties and get £9.00 per week collections supplement instead of the £25.16 for posties. There saving about £60 per week, basically the old HGV allowance, by getting network to cover the work. This was what it was ALWAYS about, going back to the way forward agreement in 2000 and then the set up of, processing, distribution ect and the subsequent loss of NDA, DRIVING ALLOWANCE, SATURDAY PREMIUM, SUNDAY ROCKET AT DOUBLE TIME, plus all docket worked between 7pm an 6am qualified for NDA even on docket. It was GREAT, lol. You could raise a family on that one wage back then.

One Logisitics

13 Jan 2019, 02:16

Navalron wrote:It's ALL about money. An MGV DRIVER is £516 basic for full time. Collection/network drivers are the exact same money as walk posties and get £9.00 per week collections supplement instead of the £25.16 for posties. There saving about £60 per week, basically the old HGV allowance, by getting network to cover the work. This was what it was ALWAYS about, going back to the way forward agreement in 2000 and then the set up of, processing, distribution ect and the subsequent loss of NDA, DRIVING ALLOWANCE, SATURDAY PREMIUM, SUNDAY ROCKET AT DOUBLE TIME, plus all docket worked between 7pm an 6am qualified for NDA even on docket. It was GREAT, lol. You could raise a family on that one wage back then.

We've got to be getting towards half of the drivers (MC to DO runs) being agency drivers some nights. Probably won't be too many years before all them runs are done by agency drivers.

One Logisitics

14 Jan 2019, 09:21

SpacePhoenix wrote:Distribution in our MC has never really had anything to do with Network. It's always been run by the local distribution shift manager Sometimes processing staff who've got the CPC etc get loaned to distribution

It was all changed in 2017 I think one of Sue Whalleys ideas We will have to wait and see on this one.

One Logisitics

14 Jan 2019, 10:35

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Distribution in our MC has never really had anything to do with Network. It's always been run by the local distribution shift manager Sometimes processing staff who've got the CPC etc get loaned to distribution

It was all changed in 2017 I think one of Sue Whalleys ideas We will have to wait and see on this one.

Never noticed anything change

One Logisitics

11 Feb 2019, 11:24

My union rep in the voc , informed us last week that we are been sperated from the rest of the mail center, processing/distribution/collections will be as one unit and the voc will be sperated.
Apparently this is how used to be before they changed it.

My union rep in voc is well happy that the the mail center/distribution management will have no say any more what goes on or how the voc is run.

One Logisitics

11 Feb 2019, 11:35

We don't have a VOC in our MC, don't know if it's something that's only at larger MCs

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1