not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

castleford mail centre absence line

22 Nov 2018, 12:33

I'm a christmas casual but i have a bit of a cold coming so can't go into work, we was told in induction to contact them incase of an absence but i cant find the contact number. can anyone help me?

its the mail centre in wakefield europort, castleford. cheers

22 Nov 2018, 15:07

Man up!

22 Nov 2018, 15:14

Vickihamill1 wrote:Man up!

Bluntly put, but for a casual its probably good advice. A "bit of a cold" could end up being "services no longer required". If you can I would try to make it in, better to turn up and be sent home, rather than being sacked.

22 Nov 2018, 18:47

They will bin you. Go in, sign in, then go home. There's that many new casuals starting at this time of the year managers don't have a clue what's going on. What have you got to lose because they won't ask you to come back if you go sick before you even start of just started.

23 Nov 2018, 02:20

Well my cold got really bad (lots of coughing, runny nose and eyes) so i decided its best to stay at home to prevent passing my cold onto someone else. im hoping its better by the morning so i can go into work and just tell them i was too ill and hopefully they just give me a warning and let me continue working.

should i tell them i had a cold or just say i was ill?

23 Nov 2018, 02:21

Navalron wrote:They will bin you. Go in, sign in, then go home. There's that many new casuals starting at this time of the year managers don't have a clue what's going on. What have you got to lose because they won't ask you to come back if you go sick before you even start of just started.

They make you sign out now as well, and they ask you why you didnt sign out at the end so that wouldnt work

23 Nov 2018, 13:26

You just FORGOT to sign out. C'mon how many ways do you need to be shown/ told on how jobs have perks, official and unofficial. Just don't get caught. :thumbup

23 Nov 2018, 14:41

At the mail centre I work at with so many casual staff at this time of year there tends to be the occasional check during a shift to confirm people are actually still there.

27 Nov 2018, 09:28

It wasn't that many moons ago that posties from all the feeder DOs would volunteer for the Xmas pressure at the mlo/apc in Glasgow. There was that many bodies/ new faces that as long as the work was getting done the has were happy. Half the shift were in the pub and swapped the next day when the other half would be in the pub or on the way home. There was some who signed in and never lifted a single letter but still had not much room left on docket for signatures as was brimming with times, allowances ect. Managers new, but they were making good money also.. and the union took no s**t of management and if one office walked it would spread quickly and others would walk in support... GREAT DAYS, and we were making loads of profit and paying the government £1.2 million per Day over and above the yearly tax payments as we made so much as a nationalised company. :cuppa

28 Nov 2018, 21:49

Yes as all other replies just go in, you won't have to do much,the "manager" won't notice or care if you're poorly, the only role in royal mail where you have to graft your t#ts off at Xmas is a delivery postman !

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1