not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

job sharing/ part time work

23 Oct 2018, 18:50

Hi. I have been in Royal Mail for nearly 40 years and I turn 60 in March 2019. I am an LGV driver working out of Warrington RDC and I have been having back problems for a couple of years. What I really want to do when I reach 60 is to reduce my working hours either through job share or part time work. I know the latter is highly unlikely so I am pinning my hopes on job sharing. I know that other offices like Bristol allow their drivers to do this but my workplace does not. I appreciate the Unions point of view in protecting full time jobs but sometimes flexible working is appropriate in exceptional circumstances. Does anybody have thoughts on this very important issue

Cheers

Rob

24 Oct 2018, 18:24

Home page royalmailchat
ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENTS AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)
• Flexible working
We understand that flexible working can be beneficial to both employees and the business. You may have interests or responsibilities outside of work where working flexibly could help you balance your work and personal life.
• Includes: Examples of flexible working - Formal requests - Review (trial) periods
Download Flexible Working Summary...

Also gov.uk
The right to request flexible working
Form FW(A): Flexible working application form
Note to the employee
You can use this form to make an application to work flexibly under the right provided in law to eligible employees. Before completing this form, read the guidance on the right to request flexible working on GOV.UK, and check that you are eligible to make a request.

You should note that under the right it may take up to 3 months for your employer to consider a request and possibly longer where you have agreed to a longer decision period with your employer. You should therefore ensure that you submit your application to the appropriate person well in advance of the date you wish the request to take effect.
It will help your employer to consider your request if you provide as much information as you can about your desired working pattern. It is important that you complete all the questions as otherwise your application may not be valid. When completing sections 3 and 4, think about what effect your change in working pattern will have both on the work that you do and on your colleagues.

Once you have completed the form, you should immediately forward it to your employer (you might want to keep a copy for your own records). If the request is granted, this will be a permanent change to your terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed.

Note to the employer

This is a formal application made under the legal right to apply for flexible working and the duty on employers to consider applications in a reasonable manner. You have three months after the day you received this application in which to decide whether to grant the request. This period can be extended if you agree to a longer deadline with the employee; any such agreement must be made either within period in which the decision is to be made or in the three months immediately following the end of that deadline.

You should confirm receipt of this application using the attached confirmation slip.

02 Nov 2018, 17:15

robwilliamson wrote:Hi. I have been in Royal Mail for nearly 40 years and I turn 60 in March 2019. I am an LGV driver working out of Warrington RDC and I have been having back problems for a couple of years. What I really want to do when I reach 60 is to reduce my working hours either through job share or part time work. I know the latter is highly unlikely so I am pinning my hopes on job sharing. I know that other offices like Bristol allow their drivers to do this but my workplace does not. I appreciate the Unions point of view in protecting full time jobs but sometimes flexible working is appropriate in exceptional circumstances. Does anybody have thoughts on this very important issue

Cheers

Rob

Your best bet is another full time worker LGV driver who would do the same talk to them others who are new will go for as many hours as they can get but driving regulations stop them.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1