ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Shift manager

04 Aug 2018, 22:19

Hi all I’ve joined for a bit of advice ... I’ve applied for a shift managers role at a mail centre , what test might I have to do ? Does anyone have any advice ? I’m currently a Postie.

Shift manager

06 Aug 2018, 23:46

Normally you have to complete online tests when applying for a managers role

Shift manager

07 Aug 2018, 21:42

Regardless of the tests you need to do the job will already belong to someone else, the advertisement is for legal reasons. Its what makes Royal Mail great!

Shift manager

07 Aug 2018, 23:24

That’s not good ... I would love to move up the ladder so to speak and I hope to be a fair manager should I get the chance

Shift manager

08 Aug 2018, 15:59

Nikad wrote:That’s not good ... I would love to move up the ladder so to speak and I hope to be a fair manager should I get the chance

You're really not going to get a shift manager job from the position of postman. Particularly with no MC experience. There's perhaps 150 jobs at that level nationally.

Don't forget too that at a large MC the position of shift manager is roughly equivalent to that of Mail Centre Manager at a smaller MC, there's tiers even at that point.

Shift manager

08 Aug 2018, 22:57

If you want to go management get on their Deputy Management scheme or apply for cover managers positions Check the RM website jobs page

Shift manager

15 Aug 2018, 21:07

If you know what your talking about you won,t get the job, as most managers just ain’t got hav,nt got a clue about the running of a Royal Mail office

Shift manager

15 Aug 2018, 23:11

:thumbup :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1