not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Realignment of duties in Mail centres

29 Jul 2018, 11:43

Could I ask what has been your experience of changes to duty patterns, start and finish times and the effect on overtime in your office. We are currently going through one of these exercises. As yet we don't know if there will be any changes to hours (start and finish times )the mix of part time to full time or what impact this will have on earnings (I.e. Overtime, Scheduled attendances) Our revision is due in later this year and I am wondering if overtime/schedule attendances ceases or goes down a lot , whether I should claim my pension to make up for the loss? So if any one has experienced this change , what was the effect on you long term. Ps I am also wondering what is the long term effect on holiday pay. In some ways, although this pay agreement protected our allowances, what will be its long term effect on our income?

29 Jul 2018, 18:59

stephen500 wrote:Could I ask what has been your experience of changes to duty patterns, start and finish times and the effect on overtime in your office. We are currently going through one of these exercises. As yet we don't know if there will be any changes to hours (start and finish times )the mix of part time to full time or what impact this will have on earnings (I.e. Overtime, Scheduled attendances) Our revision is due in later this year and I am wondering if overtime/schedule attendances ceases or goes down a lot , whether I should claim my pension to make up for the loss? So if any one has experienced this change , what was the effect on you long term. Ps I am also wondering what is the long term effect on holiday pay. In some ways, although this pay agreement protected our allowances, what will be its long term effect on our income?

Has all your inward work on your night shift been coming in a fair bit later since Network 18?

29 Jul 2018, 22:26

Yes

29 Jul 2018, 22:40

I think it's only a matter of time before night and early shift attendance times get pushed back by at least an hour, maybe 2, possibly with night shifts processing all 2C and outward 48 Tracked (that is if MCs that aren't getting the packet sorting machines don't loose all their 2C and outward 48 Tracked). Don't know if all dispatches to DOs will get pushed back by the same amount, we're sending way more manual than sequenced mail now, some nights I reckon that it's could well be over 75% of what would be sequenced going out as manual where it comes in later.

Does the realignment at your MC take Network 18 into account?

30 Jul 2018, 12:19

Yes as far as I know

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1