not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

A major step forward

28 Jul 2018, 07:26

Edited article" A major step forward" in the July edition of the courier by Simon Barker UK Process operations director.

... "As part of this, Royal Mail and CWU have agreed to carry out a review of resourcing alignment within mail centres and regional distribution centres (RDC's) ....

...At the same time, there will be a review of part-time colleagues who regularly work extra hours to recognise that, where required, contractual hours can be increased.
We are committed to delivering the promises made in the agreement and this is one of the big ticket items. (unquote)

I hope "where required" is interpreted in a positive context!

A major step forward

28 Jul 2018, 07:29

rogersh wrote:Edited article" A major step forward" in the July edition of the courier by Simon Barker UK Process operations director.

... "As part of this, Royal Mail and CWU have agreed to carry out a review of resourcing alignment within mail centres and regional distribution centres (RDC's) ....

...At the same time, there will be a review of part-time colleagues who regularly work extra hours to recognise that, where required, contractual hours can be increased.
We are committed to delivering the promises made in the agreement and this is one of the big ticket items. (unquote)

I hope "where required" is interpreted in a positive context!

I think we're more likely to see an increase in the number of part-timers not a decrease (because of Network 18)

A major step forward

20 Aug 2018, 00:18

Raised this with my union rep and was told that part-time staff on 20 hour contracts will have their hours reviewed by October at the latest. But was told wasn't sure of the review process and how it would work. So, erm, does anybody know how it would work? Would you have to apply for the extra hours or would somebody decide the hours increased (if any) for you?

Also, 25 agency staff have just been converted to pt 20 hour contracts with 15 more in October.

I can't see how all these extra hours = an increase for the current part-time staff who are doing extra hours.

For transparency I am part-time 20 hours but regularly do 20 hours overtime a week.

A major step forward

20 Aug 2018, 08:35

Your union rep should know the next six monthly review is in September. However the increase in hours for part-timers was due with immediate effect at MC's & RDC's, in line with the four pillars agreement, following a review audit.

A previous post on the subject;
I have posted this before, But 3 months has passed since the agreement & it does not appear any "immediate" action has been applied as indicated.

FOUR PILLARS OF SECURITY AND PAY NATIONAL AGREEMENT

8. Resourcing in line with current agreements (EDITED points)

Both parties will re-affirm they will deploy legally binding commitments to part- time workers and the
use of agency workers.

In respect of part-time worker the following will apply with immediate effect.

It is apparent that while some colleagues have secured additional conditioned hours and also converted
to full- time there is more that can be done to reflect a part-time workers commitment to additional
hours (should they wish it.) This means, in line with our agreements, and where justified, we should
focus on moving to full time or increasing contractual hours, below full-time, either on a temporary or permanent variation of contract.
....Agreed that their is not and will not be a central HR policy to only recruit on a part-time basis.Recruitment determined by workload and the outcome of the weekly resource meetings, initiated 13 weeks out.
Notwithstanding our immediate activity we will develop a means to confirm that effective weekly
resourcing meetings are taking place. This will include 6 monthly reviews to of part-time employees
and regular use of agency workers to ensure use of this resource is being used in line with our
agreement.

16.2.1 Processing (Mail Centres & RDCs) Joint activity to deliver the 1st hour of the SWW (Edit)
As defined in the resourcing section of this document both parties recognise that in some locations
resourcing arrangements are currently inconsistent with the standards defined in the agenda for growth
and job security agreements, with regard to the resourcing mix. It is a joint aspiration to reduce the
number of Agency/Casual workers within our facilities and to enable this, a joint audit will take place
at each mail centre/RDC to establish the current resourcing mix. This audit will review the current year
round levels of current agency/casual usage at each site and examine the root cause of use and agree
alternative permanent employee resourcing options.

Also read LTB 468/18 - Processing Resource Realignment RDC Quality Checklist & WBC Quality Checklist
No. 468/2018 posted by True Blue Terrier on this forum

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1