ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

How Is Overtime Assigned (Aggregate Hours) ?

18 Jul 2018, 21:01

In Processing, how is it decided who gets priority when getting overtime? In our office it is supposed to be based on "aggregate hours". Over what period of time is the aggregate based on?

18 Jul 2018, 21:49

I've worked in a few mail centres. I usually is aggregate hours, with a reset at the start of each financial year.

I've seen systems where part-timers get pro-rata credit for the overtime hours they work. Thus, if you're on something like a twenty-hour contract, you get eight hours credit for working a four-hour overtime shift.

This is meant to keep the part-timers from getting all the overtime. In practice, though, since they have more rest days, and/or are only working four-hour duty shifts, they do anyway.

18 Jul 2018, 21:57

Our mc ot is based on seniority 1st then hours worked thereafter. every one then gets a fair share regardless of seniority or ft-pt. example if you get 4hrs say on monday you will go bottom of list until everyone has equal or more hours.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1