ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LGV Class 1 Part Time Weekend Pay Rate Help

29 Jun 2018, 07:37

Hello
I just got a part time job driving Class 1 LGV but have no clue about it's pay.
It's a weekend job Saturday and Sunday. Each shift works through midnight.

I have been told different things from different people about the pay and beginning to think if it was worth dropping my hours or not.

Anyone got a clue on a Class 1 Weekend part timers pay?

Thanks.

29 Jun 2018, 09:42

I would make sure I new what rate i was on before starting any job..... And it should be on your contract. It's about 16:80 but don't know about Sunday as your part time.

29 Jun 2018, 09:52

Navalron wrote:I would make sure I new what rate i was on before starting any job..... And it should be on your contract. It's about 16:80 but don't know about Sunday as your part time.

Hey. I haven't signed any contract yet and the people who work there full time or the manager I regularly see aren't sure themselves and the job had no info next to it apart from the hours it worked.

29 Jun 2018, 12:37

A pal of mine went on lgv part time 18 months ago, Saturday-sunday and he said it wasn't far short of full time processing job money wise.
I seen adds on Facebook looking for agency drivers for rm offering 16.50 an hour after 12 weeks so would expect it to be the same or even a little more.

I've just pick up full time class 2 job, and can't find any info either.

It's a bit like fight club, once your in there's are rules.

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

29 Jun 2018, 19:37

raymond999 wrote:A pal of mine went on lgv part time 18 months ago, Saturday-sunday and he said it wasn't far short of full time processing job money wise.
I seen adds on Facebook looking for agency drivers for rm offering 16.50 an hour after 12 weeks so would expect it to be the same or even a little more.

I've just pick up full time class 2 job, and can't find any info either.

It's a bit like fight club, once your in there's are rules.

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

Any chance you know what allowances is added on his or even yours? I'm just trying to get an understanding of what I could be getting monthly just so I don't get into financial bother if I struggled to get overtime because I used to live off part time collection money but I put in a lot of overtime and just managed.

I will be working just past 2am so I'll qualify for night rate. Just pro-rota though.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1