ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Leaving Royal Mail

19 Jan 2018, 12:24

If I were to give a weeks notice and leave Royal Mail at the end of April , would I be entitled to my (normal entitlement 21 years service) full 6 weeks holiday pay or is it pro rata and based on how far into the financial year you are when you retire?

Leaving Royal Mail

19 Jan 2018, 13:13

Its pro rata, so you would get one twelfth approx 2 or 3 days :cry

Leaving Royal Mail

19 Jan 2018, 18:00

Oh right , so probably better idea to take 6 weeks holiday before you hand in your notice then?
Or can they claim it back?

Leaving Royal Mail

19 Jan 2018, 18:02

TheStrangler wrote:Oh right , so probably better idea to take 6 weeks holiday before you hand in your notice then?
Or can they claim it back?

They can claim it back.

You don't automatically have 6 weeks leave available at the start of the year. You start accruing 6 weeks each leave year and if you leave before the year is over you aren't entitled to the full amount.

Leaving Royal Mail

19 Jan 2018, 21:06

If you're definitely leaving at the end of April if I were you I'd try and get a cheeky weeks holiday in before, at worst you'll end up owing them if they ask for it back, I remember seeing a few posts on here where people have left and had grief getting their outstanding holiday pay.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1