ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Shorter working week.

23 Nov 2017, 20:00

How would a shorter working week work in mailcentres? We currently start 15 minutes later 4 days of the week in our mailcentre if we were to drop down to 35 hrs I don’t see how this would fit, the plan for this is aimed at delivery offices, I don’t see how they would fit a further 4 hours shorter working time into our details in a mailcentre we couldn’t possibly start an hour later every day could we?

Shorter working week.

24 Nov 2017, 05:19

There are 3 options.
1. They will employ more staff. :left:
2. They will further automate your job meaning you will have less work to do. (Larger sequencing machines/packet sorting)
3. You will have to be 10% (approx) more efficient.

A mixture of 2 and 3 would be my guess.

Shorter working week.

27 Nov 2017, 12:26

clashcityrocker wrote:There are 3 options.
1. They will employ more staff. :left:
2. They will further automate your job meaning you will have less work to do. (Larger sequencing machines/packet sorting)
3. You will have to be 10% (approx) more efficient.

A mixture of 2 and 3 would be my guess.

More staff? Can’t see that happening. Separating Mailcentre staff from this shorter working week pay deal might work.

Shorter working week.

27 Nov 2017, 14:58

They want to change the entire pipeline from start to finish over the next 3-5 years, it's unlikely you'll recognise your "details" by the time the shorter working week is implemented fully. As Clash points out as with delivery this is unlikely to be a "free" SWW, it will probably be tied to increased productivity and efficiency. More work done in less time through greater automation and monitoring of actual work done using data capture. Nowhere to hide.

Shorter working week.

28 Nov 2017, 00:35

fishtank wrote:They want to change the entire pipeline from start to finish over the next 3-5 years, it's unlikely you'll recognise your "details" by the time the shorter working week is implemented fully. As Clash points out as with delivery this is unlikely to be a "free" SWW, it will probably be tied to increased productivity and efficiency. More work done in less time through greater automation and monitoring of actual work done using data capture. Nowhere to hide.
Yes wasn’t expecting it to be free, I just don’t see the work getting done with less hours in the day, theres barely enough heads on some shifts now. I’m not aware of how the packet machines perform I’ve never seen one, we always get told the machines are better but if the others are anything to go by (FSM) there’s more people on that thing (including the manual) that were on the flats when they were all manually done.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1