ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Lgv logistics advice

18 Aug 2017, 17:46

Hi guys, I been in Royal Mail for 13 years now and I've recently passed my lgv licence. I'm finding it so hard to get on the logistics now, as I was told the whole network is being reviewed for cut backs.

Does anyone have any advice to give or is there anyone that works in logistics as a professional good driver, that can point me to the correct person.

Thanks

Lgv logistics advice

18 Aug 2017, 23:02

Best thing to do,if nothing comes up beforehand is to apply to the Driver Career Path next year. It has finished now.
Or have a look on the jobs section on 'My Royal Mail .com'. Enter where and what you want to do and will find revelent jobs.

Lgv logistics advice

20 Aug 2017, 08:56

A little help with your location would help with advice on which VOC to contact. Also you say you have passed your LGV. Would that be class 1 or 2 ? Also be a good idea to do your cpc training. Depending on when you passed your car licence will depend on which CPC course you need to complete. Then when you have your CPC. you contact your nearest VOC and tell them you would like to make yourself available to cover sick and leave duties on an ad hoc basis. If you havent got your class 1. You can apply next year to the driver career path.If you pass interview you will be accepted on a skills then seniority basis. You will need to complete the CPC training before a VOC would accept you to drive ad hoc for them, on a weekly release from your current office.

Lgv logistics advice

20 Aug 2017, 12:46

Thanks for your reply, I have passed my cat c and I'm paying for my c+e myself next month. I have already passed my CPC practical. At the moment I'm on the waiting list for the drivers career path, but knowing my luck I'll probably not hear from them till next recruitment, so that why I'm paying for it myself.
I'm also hoping a vacancy would come up before the next drivers Career path.

Lgv logistics advice

20 Aug 2017, 13:28

Well. When you have your class 1 in the bag and completed all CPC. Contact your nearest VOC. They will use you for sure on an ad hoc weekly basis, and when there are vacancies. You will trump all class 2 drivers that apply, due to you having class 1. Even though alot will have more seniority than your 13years.

Lgv logistics advice

24 Aug 2017, 16:07

The driver career path is for those who are the pipeline to get trained for the LGV class1. If you have already got it by paying for it yourself they will just say well done. As for doing work in the VOC you will need to do a driver assessment with the driver coach at the relevant VOC you intend to do the overtime. Once this is done you can then volunteer for overtime on the basis of pecking order. That is the VOC drivers get first refusal, then you, and then the agency. In other words get your class 1 as you have already got the CPC and then contact the nearest VOC to get a driver assessment so you can volunteer for overtime. As for moving to a VOC put in a transfer request just to see if there any vacancies. Worth a shot.

Lgv logistics advice

02 Sep 2017, 23:23

Big Wheeler wrote:The driver career path is for those who are the pipeline to get trained for the LGV class1. If you have already got it by paying for it yourself they will just say well done. As for doing work in the VOC you will need to do a driver assessment with the driver coach at the relevant VOC you intend to do the overtime. Once this is done you can then volunteer for overtime on the basis of pecking order. That is the VOC drivers get first refusal, then you, and then the agency. In other words get your class 1 as you have already got the CPC and then contact the nearest VOC to get a driver assessment so you can volunteer for overtime. As for moving to a VOC put in a transfer request just to see if there any vacancies. Worth a shot.

As Big Wheeler say's, once you have you're class one, you are the alpha male/female. Contact you're nearest voc and if there are any vacancies, you should be at the front of the que. If there is only one job going and someone is more senior but only has a class two, you will get the job.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1