ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Service Award

19 Jul 2017, 10:08

Just got my 20 year long service award...An effing tie pin! I can't believe it it's a bloody insult. I was told I'd get a week's extra holiday but that's clearly a thing of the past. No vouchers either nothing. Angry as hell that the management think that a tie pin is sufficient reward for 20 years' service.

Service Award

19 Jul 2017, 14:02

Got my 30 yrs this month , pin badge and £100 voucher :roll:

Service Award

19 Jul 2017, 15:51

Nigel501964 wrote:Just got my 20 year long service award...An effing tie pin! I can't believe it it's a bloody insult. I was told I'd get a week's extra holiday but that's clearly a thing of the past. No vouchers either nothing. Angry as hell that the management think that a tie pin is sufficient reward for 20 years' service.

Been waiting over a year for mine...... :arrrghhh

6 different managers have "promised" me that they've looked into it...

Given up now. :Applause :Applause

Service Award

19 Jul 2017, 16:16

As if any of us wear ties ! :arrrghhh

Service Award

20 Jul 2017, 09:46

Yes it's so antiquated! I've chucked mine into my locker. The management seem so proud of themselves for 'recognising' loyalty etc etc but it's just another example of Royal Mail patting themselves on the back.

Service Award

21 Jul 2017, 14:47

They changed the the terms of the long service award 1-2years ago You only now get a gift after 30years. But they give you a chance of going out as a group still ie Day out at the races. I was at a RM Peoples Panel event at The Mount in June and they stated the reasons for the changes and surprise surprise its down to cost. But they are looking at things to make us Old Timers feel appreciated. Will keep you all informed when I know more

Service Award

21 Jul 2017, 20:07

rainbowwarrior72 wrote: But they are looking at things to make us Old Timers feel appreciated. Will keep you all informed when I know more

Probably more lapsing! :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1