ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Advice needed

10 Jul 2017, 23:16

I'm currently a postman but I'm temporary moving into a class1 driver job so the question is what should happen with my pay grade as being a class 1 driver is a higher rate of pay and I will be working nights so night allowance should be there too

Thankyou

Advice needed

10 Jul 2017, 23:40

Hi Dan,when you go over to network you will go onto network C+E pay for Artics plus there terms and conditions!! That a be monthly pay,meal relief not paid and you work bank holidays for a day in lieu. Night allowance is paid same rate as postman but be aware you DONT get weekend or Sunday allowance on network. Hope that helps and good luck

Advice needed

11 Jul 2017, 06:12

Thanks for the reply mate is that even if I'm only loaned from my office as they don't wanna transfer me yet because of network 17

Advice needed

08 Sep 2017, 14:13

Dan,
Have you actually worked any class 1 duties yet ? I am doing exactly the same as you. I had been working as a HGV 1 driver at a VOC for 10 years via an agency. I managed to get a part time position in the Royal Mail at a delivery office, I have just started to work some class 1 duties at the RDC by applying for overtime there, but the office where I am based cant figure out how to pay me as at the correct rate, and as a "Professional Driver". Any help you could give as to how your office are paying you would be much appreciated.

Advice needed

09 Sep 2017, 20:55

Have sent Dan an email, hopefully he'll answer.

Advice needed

09 Sep 2017, 21:40

Hi mate I'm different I went on a career path to gain a position I'm working full time now up there until the repick and gain a duty to pay me they switched me to monthly pay and done a temp transfer so I wouldn't know how they would do yours as your only doing overtime and still based in your delivery office
Best contacting HR and speaking directly to the pay section as managers within royal mail never have a clue lol

Advice needed

10 Sep 2017, 15:02

Mickda14 wrote:Hi Dan,when you go over to network you will go onto network C+E pay for Artics plus there terms and conditions!! That a be monthly pay,meal relief not paid and you work bank holidays for a day in lieu. Night allowance is paid same rate as postman but be aware you DONT get weekend or Sunday allowance on network. Hope that helps and good luck

Every VOC has slightly different rules, even Bank holiday's are different. We only work ours if we put our name down on a list. Never work one if it's your day off, as you wont get a day off in lieu, so it'll mean working for half pay.
The longer your duty the longer your meal relief and as Mickda14 say's, you don't get paid for them.

Advice needed

12 Sep 2017, 22:04

Anybody that's on the career path or being loaned out had any problems getting the correct pay?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1