ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Parcel Sorting Machine

22 Apr 2017, 14:07

The Parcel Sorting Machine is to be delayed a second time at Bristol Mail Centre. Originally the building of the machine was to start in November 2016. The next date for construction was June 2017. The project is to now start in January 2018. After the kit arrives it will be many months before normal day to day operations begin. At Swindon MC at best 7000 parcels per hour is achieved against a target of 10000.

Parcel Sorting Machine

22 Apr 2017, 14:58

JMC is about to have their Parcel Machine installed over the summer. We're being told that the Parcel Machine is fantastic and is fulfilling all expectations at Swindon especially on RMTV

Parcel Sorting Machine

22 Apr 2017, 23:17

We dont get RMTV very often. Our work time learnings are painful and RMTV would be better for a good sit down and rest. Very glad the Parcel machines are rubbish and will not affect jobs too much. Bit like the flats machine. Whats the point if a machine doesnt sort to the walk.

Parcel Sorting Machine

23 Apr 2017, 08:01

I don't work at Swindon but at another mail centre. We sort the parcels we send to mail centres with machines into mech and manual. Anything that's medium sized can apparently go through. Anything too small or too big can't.

So obviously it's the customers' fault. If only they could get their act together and only send the right size of parcel, we all could stride together into the glorious future.

Parcel Sorting Machine

29 Apr 2017, 15:02

A manager from our mail centre has very recently been down to Swindon to see the parcel sort machine in action.
He said it's now sorting 12,500 items per hour. That's 100.000 thousand items in an 8 hour shift, with only 10 people.

We may get one in the early new year, let's hope those wanting vr get what they want and there is some of us kept on!!! :dance

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 01:38

What are people around the country hearing about the PSM? Heard different stories, some being told the national roll out has been suspended due to technical issues, and others being told that it is the best thing since sliced bread and the roll out is continuing?

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 08:01

Was told last night that the parcel machine has been put on hold at Leeds as the one in Swindon isn't sorting enough (best quality) parcels and is damaging too many.
They are apparently looking at other machines used in the USA

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 12:38

HWDC is looking to install more parcel sorting machines to handle both import and export work [stuff coming and going from the UK.] If I recall correctly from the staff briefing, the machines were from the states and or at least being installed by a firm from the states.

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 14:20

RelocatedRick wrote:What are people around the country hearing about the PSM? Heard different stories, some being told the national roll out has been suspended due to technical issues, and others being told that it is the best thing since sliced bread and the roll out is continuing?

I think the fact that no more have been deployed gives you your awnser :thumbdown

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 14:38

Parcel machine at the Medway does any one know?.

Parcel Sorting Machine

08 Jun 2017, 20:17

teesdale wrote:We dont get RMTV very often. Our work time learnings are painful and RMTV would be better for a good sit down and rest. Very glad the Parcel machines are rubbish and will not affect jobs too much. Bit like the flats machine. Whats the point if a machine doesnt sort to the walk.

The XMS machines that I've heard that RM are getting not only sort to walk, they can sequence flats and letters together. CSS machines can be retrofitted but I think more likley they'll look into CLLS machines sequencing as well

Anyone at Swindon able to post a picture of the packet sorting machine, or a link to the manufacturer's website?

Parcel Sorting Machine

12 Jun 2017, 23:52

Interesting! Thanks for the replies, if anyone hears anything about the PSM please share! Thanks

Parcel Sorting Machine

13 Jun 2017, 14:23

HCN having there inward packets sorted into mech/manual starting next week from incoming MCs

Parcel Sorting Machine

16 Jun 2017, 16:08

Rommagic wrote:Parcel machine at the Medway does any one know?.

We were supposed to be getting one this Autumn it would take about 28 weeks to install but rumour is it's not gonna happen until next April not sure why will post more when I hear more info.

Parcel Sorting Machine

16 Jun 2017, 16:37

redheadedwoman wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Parcel machine at the Medway does any one know?.

We were supposed to be getting one this Autumn it would take about 28 weeks to install but rumour is it's not gonna happen until next April not sure why will post more when I hear more info.

Thanks.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1