ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I being impatient?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Dave69

Am I being impatient?

Post by Dave69 »

Hi guys
I hope this is the right place to post this!
On the 25th Nov I took two letters (the do not bend type) to the post office and paid for 2nd class signed for. They have not yet been delivered, where items posted after this date have. When checking the Royal Mail tracking service it just states “ we’ve got it” no mention of it out on delivery. This is domestic postage and I appreciate there can be delays at this time a year! Am I being impatient?
Kind Regards
Dave

N|M
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Am I being impatient?

Post by N|M »

I would not say you are impatient, 1 week for a 2nd class which is normally 2-3days

might want to check the news section as i see a few places are having issues which is making people getting mail quite slow.

But this is the time of year where things slow down.
Dave69

Post by Dave69 »

Thanks for your reply.
That’s what I thought 3 days! I appreciate the guys are even more busy at this time of year.
These two letters where posted at the same time in Ewell, Surrey. One for Shipley, West Yorkshire the other for Swinton, Greater Manchester. Both these are showing the same status on Royal Mail tracking, “we’ve got it”. If it was only one letter I could understand, but two to different areas? How long is reasonable before escalating this matter further and to who?
Regards
Dave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Shipley would go through Leeds and they have had some delays since Monday see this thread for the delays going back some months, the newer ones at the end viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100690

Manchester is also having problems in the delivery section. Check out the News section for one just today. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=103111 << that's for Eccles but it's quite close to Swinton so they may be having the same issues.

News forum viewforum.php?f=18
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Dave69

Post by Dave69 »

Thank you TrueBlue Terrier!