ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

All that lovely pensionable pay

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
Robbyjohn
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Robbyjohn »

I was reading a post earlier when someone had commented on the amount of his pension and lump sum, for 40 yrs service some one had replied that it did not add up but you have to be of a certain age to remember when everything was pensionable.
Night allowance,driving allowance double time, oh do you remember overtime 1st 6 hours @time and a quarter 2nd 6 hours @ time and a half and anything after that was DOUBLE time. Oh and don't forget the double time and half for bank holidays
Those were the days my friends I worked on new st station in Birmingham do you remember when mail went by train,
The up spl top the down spl tpo the Derby Bristol so on and so on

baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Yes I remember that. Sunday Duty/overtime was pensionable too. I used to work most Sundays, until it ceased to be pensionable. :sad:
Robbyjohn
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Robbyjohn »

The good old days I worked from Birmingham head office in Royal Mail street but spent most of my 20 yrs as a permanent night station postman.between 1979 & 1999
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

I remember them days I have worked 40 years for royalmail and just taken my pension, got a tax free mega lump sume and pension. I am still working for royalmail and living like a king.