ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail 80/90s nostalgia

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
NWpostie

Post by NWpostie »

I remember that era, about when I started and would you believe, I've still got a couple of the old Royal mail woolly pulley and the old cap badge, just had a clear out of my loft and found some old Royal mail shirts from the 80s, I can't fit in them now, I thought it did look a bit smarter with epaulettes and red lined top pockets, also the old jacket, unfortunately I don't have the old enamel badge.

Nostalgia away !

Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.

feduppostie

Post by feduppostie »

Saturday premium!!! Place used to be full to bursting on a Sat lol
NWpostie

Post by NWpostie »

I remember that ! We used to get extra rate for Saturday overtime :Very Happy them were the days :dance

Now there's no incentive on single rates and you struggle to get anyone to give up their Saturday off.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
PostmanBitesDog

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

The Missing Postman (a 1997 two-part BBC miniseries)

"Clive Peacock is a postman in a small seaside town in Dorset. He's happy in his job and doesn't want it to change. But new technology is being introduced in his sorting office. Since he can't drive, and since deliveries by bicycle are deemed to be "old fashioned", he is offered early retirement. But he doesn't want to retire. On his last day, he collects the post from the pillar box... and decides to deliver it by hand himself as a protest. And so he starts out on a long journey by bike all around Britain, delivering each letter personally. He is hotly pursued by the police (who want to arrest him for "stealing Her Majesty's mail") and by the media (who see a great human interest story and turn him into a celebrity). But he manages to stay one step ahead of them, making many friends along the way."

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Edward Hunter

Post by Edward Hunter »

Ahh the old blue delivery bags. Forgot all about them! 90s style.
postieblueshirt

Post by postieblueshirt »

If you had told me back in the mid 90s that in 2020 if be reminiscing about sky MAGS mailsort blue bags and those blue trousers that were far to baggy and doc Martin shoes and forced to wear a tie except for 6 weeks of freedom in the summer..I would have laughed and said no way...but god do I miss those days if only I could tell the future..