ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leeds nostalgia: Royal Mail opens hi-tech centre in Leeds in May 1999

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Leeds nostalgia: Royal Mail opens hi-tech centre in Leeds in May 1999

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/y ... -1-8557374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watching one of the new hi- tech sorting machines at work at the opening of the Royal Mail Sorting Office at Stourton , Leeds , are l to r.... Denis Ferry the Royal Mail Area Manager for Leeds,Wakefield and Harrogate, Steve Hawksworth the Mail Centre Manager at Stourton and John Hornby Chief Executive of the Lettershop Group who officially opened the centre.

The new office would handle 15m items of mail a week, with special mail processors capable of sorting 30,000 letters an hour. Pictured are: Denis Ferry, area manager, Steve Hawksworth, centre manager and John Hornby, chief executive of the Lettershop Group

In October 2013, the Government sold its final stake in the Royal Mail for just over £591m.At the time, the Government was criticised for allowing the sale to go ahead, with many experts saying the business had been vastly undervalued.

The Post Office has had a presence in Leeds since the year 1797.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."