ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

badge

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
Daveletton

Re: badge

Post by Daveletton »

Still got one of mine 987 SF, with the ususal reward notice on the back. I wonder if i can hand it in and claim a reward???

Terry Carney

Post by Terry Carney »

Dear Sir, recently browsing through an old copy of the post office magazine Christmas 1960 edition I came across a black & white photograph of Sant Singh Shattar, the first postman in Britain to be allowed to wear a turban on duty on which he is wearing the GPO cap badge worn at the time, the St. Edwards Crown above two crossed post horns. Presumably this would have become the practice for some other employees, what I would like to ask please were there ever any other types of headdress which any other employees were given permission to wear and any other badge worn on any of them, although I have never worked for the post office I do have an interest in the uniforms worn. Yours sincerely Terry Carney
arnold cheshire

Post by arnold cheshire »

Terry Carney wrote:Dear Sir, recently browsing through an old copy of the post office magazine Christmas 1960 edition I came across a black & white photograph of Sant Singh Shattar, the first postman in Britain to be allowed to wear a turban on duty on which he is wearing the GPO cap badge worn at the time, the St. Edwards Crown above two crossed post horns. Presumably this would have become the practice for some other employees, what I would like to ask please were there ever any other types of headdress which any other employees were given permission to wear and any other badge worn on any of them, although I have never worked for the post office I do have an interest in the uniforms worn. Yours sincerely Terry Carney
can i buy this post office magazine of you ?
the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by the beautiful bd south »

I guess you are looking for the badge that was issued to you?
If not there are a couple for sale on ebay
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG