ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

When it started going wrong

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
blackadder

Re: When it started going wrong

Post by blackadder »

where did it go tits up ?? when tony teflon blair opened up royal mail. anyone whos dun a few years in this job will know that everything had rm top right corner. look at it now, uk post, tnt blah blah blah. then blair wants us to deliver it all for pennies. im suprised that there still is a r.m, let alone there be 1 this time next year
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
johno47

Post by johno47 »

Blackadders correct, RM started going wrong when Tony Blairs Labour came to power in 1997, he tried to privatise us and didnt like it when there was a huge uproar about it from CWU, the public and politicians, so he set up postcomm to look into RM, everybody knew it was backdoor privatisation, when i started on RM nearly 30 years ago, if you had 2 bags of mail it was the norm, mail volumes over the last 20 years have gone up, not counting the last 5, but mail had gone up by 80 or 90%, its still 70% up on what it was, the reason why mail volumes are decreasing is partly because of e-mail and text, but the real reason is the opening up of our mail market in 2006, 2 years before the EU said they were opening up the mail markets, and then the EU didnt open them up, which left our mail market vunerable to foriegn companies creaming off our business mail, which subsidises the cost of the stamp, Leighton and Crozier could have saved this business, if they had just told postcomm that DA mail should be the same price as RMs mailsort, if they had done this then RM wouldnt have lost any money, trouble is they thought they were due a big bonus and shares for themselves if they kept their mouths shut and let RM get shafted. Theres a lot more to it than this, too much to write down, but since 1997 its like the people at the top of this business have had an agenda to run this company into the ground, in order to make it easier for privatisation.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Hello Johno,hows tricks,in the mean time...
Tony Blair 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VERY IMPORTANT AND INFORMATIVE CORONAVIRUS THREAD HERE
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life c***s they have always been.
BPeters

Post by BPeters »

Mid to late eighties in my view
suenicholas

Post by suenicholas »

gone wrong in the last 3 - 4 years. mainly because we are repeatedly being told that no one sends mail anymore (its busier in our office than ever, and they are moving us to bigger premises) how come..... and that we are all pinching and not delivering our letters and dont take any pride in our work, etc..... if you are told something often enough you start to think why should i bother if they dont.
unitreprive

Post by unitreprive »

soon as the regulator reared its ugly head ???
ndg1

Post by ndg1 »

THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
TrueBlueTerrier

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ndg1 wrote:THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
Die, Die ,Die
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
DGP1

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
ndg1 wrote:THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
Die, Die ,Die
The, the, the in German :hmmmm surely there should be a noun after that :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

fledermaus?
Our hair was short we said what we thought
We'd never be scared; never be bought
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:fledermaus?
It is a farce. :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

The first time it is a tragedy.
The second time is a farce.
Our hair was short we said what we thought
We'd never be scared; never be bought
drgeek

Post by drgeek »

When they started to have the idea of to "save money" - boom!
arnold cheshire

Post by arnold cheshire »

drgeek wrote:When they started to have the idea of to "save money" - boom!
yes when they decided to make the walks massive
postiesteve1

Post by postiesteve1 »

With work measurements 'Postie's' have always had a full day of duties. Some work faster then others and some slower so the average is what is used to produce a good days work. This includes legislated breaks such as coffee, washroom, lunch, add on the travel time to and from the delivery area it adds up. When we do not take our rightful breaks then it appears that we get a pretty sweet deal. The public do not know that most Postie's start their days long before the start to stir from their slumber. We only have Monday to Friday delivery and only a once thru... so our routes here are getting pretty long walks and most of us in Canada are still walking not driving not biking our routes. Still it is a good job but I would not recommend it as a long term career as the body will not hold up to the new reality that the Postal Masters have imposed on us.