ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When it started going wrong

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
skeltz71

Re: When it started going wrong

Post by skeltz71 »

Huxon wrote:I would say it all started to go tits up after "The way forward" agrement.
i think when we changed the name of the company to consignia for a cost of 500k, things were going badly down hill, also the way forward ie were looking to sell this business off as soon as possible...keep the faith!!!

gb93

Post by gb93 »

Hasn't for me yet, it just keeps getting better & better :nana
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
scoobydo79

Post by scoobydo79 »

When I first started with Royal Mail I clearly remember that it was making a million pounds a day profit.Mailsort or rebate (remember that word all you oldies?) consisted of thirty items a week which could be left in your frame and covered for the whole week!I also remember The Sun Bingo Cards which were the only door to door that any one seemed to be keen to have!!I often wonder who is responsible for wrecking this company :sad:
Harry_Perkins

Post by Harry_Perkins »

scoobydo79 wrote:Mailsort or rebate (remember that word all you oldies?)
There is an old boy in my office who uses this term. Always makes me laugh. Where does it come from? Also 'households' for Door to Doors, why?
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by General Mannerheim »

Harry_Perkins wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:Mailsort or rebate (remember that word all you oldies?)
There is an old boy in my office who uses this term. Always makes me laugh. Where does it come from? Also 'households' for Door to Doors, why?
It was because the Crap sorry important mailsort use to come with a big R on them for rebate as the companies who posted got a rebate on the number of items they sent through the system and households where exactly that (mainly Sun bingo cards)and you went to every house with them..you got other `households` of course like you do today but of course everybody always made sure they went to every house on some sinkhole estate with some double glazing crap ;liar ;liar .
Oh and in our office we only got households maybe 1 a MONTH and you could take them more or less when you wanted not like the s**t now were they are more important than a letter to Granny Smith. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
blackadder

Post by blackadder »

where did it go tits up ?? when tony teflon blair opened up royal mail. anyone whos dun a few years in this job will know that everything had rm top right corner. look at it now, uk post, tnt blah blah blah. then blair wants us to deliver it all for pennies. im suprised that there still is a r.m, let alone there be 1 this time next year
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
johno47

Post by johno47 »

Blackadders correct, RM started going wrong when Tony Blairs Labour came to power in 1997, he tried to privatise us and didnt like it when there was a huge uproar about it from CWU, the public and politicians, so he set up postcomm to look into RM, everybody knew it was backdoor privatisation, when i started on RM nearly 30 years ago, if you had 2 bags of mail it was the norm, mail volumes over the last 20 years have gone up, not counting the last 5, but mail had gone up by 80 or 90%, its still 70% up on what it was, the reason why mail volumes are decreasing is partly because of e-mail and text, but the real reason is the opening up of our mail market in 2006, 2 years before the EU said they were opening up the mail markets, and then the EU didnt open them up, which left our mail market vunerable to foriegn companies creaming off our business mail, which subsidises the cost of the stamp, Leighton and Crozier could have saved this business, if they had just told postcomm that DA mail should be the same price as RMs mailsort, if they had done this then RM wouldnt have lost any money, trouble is they thought they were due a big bonus and shares for themselves if they kept their mouths shut and let RM get shafted. Theres a lot more to it than this, too much to write down, but since 1997 its like the people at the top of this business have had an agenda to run this company into the ground, in order to make it easier for privatisation.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Hello Johno,hows tricks,in the mean time...
Tony Blair 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BPeters

Post by BPeters »

Mid to late eighties in my view
suenicholas

Post by suenicholas »

gone wrong in the last 3 - 4 years. mainly because we are repeatedly being told that no one sends mail anymore (its busier in our office than ever, and they are moving us to bigger premises) how come..... and that we are all pinching and not delivering our letters and dont take any pride in our work, etc..... if you are told something often enough you start to think why should i bother if they dont.
unitreprive

Post by unitreprive »

soon as the regulator reared its ugly head ???
ndg1

Post by ndg1 »

THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ndg1 wrote:THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
Die, Die ,Die
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
DGP1

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
ndg1 wrote:THATCHER THATCHER THATCHER , DO I SAY ANYMORE ,
Die, Die ,Die
The, the, the in German :hmmmm surely there should be a noun after that :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

fledermaus?
Why not phone up Robin Hood