ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Older and retired London postal workers – do you have a story to tell?

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Older and retired London postal workers – do you have a story to tell?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.cwu.org/news/older-and-reti ... y-to-tell/

If you worked in the London postal service at any time from the 1950s onwards, the arts and education charity digital:works is asking for your help with a new learning project for schoolchildren.

Organiser Matthew Rosenberg describes the initiative as “intergenerational oral history” and explains: “With training and support from digital:works and the Postal Museum, Year Six children from two London schools will be conducting and filming oral history interviews with 24 older and retired postal workers to record their working lives.”

The completed interviews will go to local and London-wide archives and will be make into an educational documentary film that will be shown at a launch event and at schools, communities and libraries.

CWU London region is fully supportive of the project and regional secretary Ian Murphy is asking for volunteers who can spare an hour or so to be among the 24 interviewees – all of whom will be invited to a special launch screening and will receive a copy of the film on DVD.

The pupils are all in the 10 and 11-year old age group and the interviews are scheduled to take place during June 2021.

Ian says: “This is a great idea, which will provide a fascinating piece of social history as well as a great opportunity for some of our older and retired members to tell their stories to an engaged audience.

“If you worked in the London postal service at any point from the 1950s onwards, then please get in touch me on 07860 644910 or with Matthew direct either by email mat@digital-works.co.uk or call him on 07949 107023.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."