ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hi

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
Patalar

Hi

Post by Patalar »

Hey guys, just joined the forum after my recent interview for Postie position. Been gaining a lot of insight as I’m reading through the Topics. One thing I’d like to ask while I’m here is, How long before I’m likely to hear anything regarding my interview? I’ve not had any contact since then.

Thanks.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hi

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Patalar wrote:Hey guys, just joined the forum after my recent interview for Postie position. Been gaining a lot of insight as I’m reading through the Topics. One thing I’d like to ask while I’m here is, How long before I’m likely to hear anything regarding my interview? I’ve not had any contact since then.

Thanks.
The recruitment process, although local for interview and office, is centralised and very glacial in its process.

Be prepared to wait weeks, rather than days, Even if successful it can take a while to actually get a position.

Good luck though, 16 years ago I came for a few weeks Christmas money, still here :crazy:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Patalar

Hi

Post by Patalar »

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it won’t be weeks as my current employer has just announced redundancies. Just thought I’d have had some sort of email regarding wether the interview was a success or not.

Hopefully I should hear something soon.
Patalar

Hi

Post by Patalar »

Start on the 24th :)
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Hi

Post by POSTMAN »

Congrats, welcome to hell!
Only joking....sort of. :nervous
Give us regular updates if you can in the new starters forum. :Very Happy

Good luck.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Patalar

Hi

Post by Patalar »

Thanks, will do!