ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hi there!! - I need your amazing contract help

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
big bite boi

Hi there!! - I need your amazing contract help

Post by big bite boi »

Hello,

I started working at Royal mail as an agency staff in October 2021 - things went well and they offered me a job! As I understood it was a permanent possition subject to a 6 month 'trial peroid' - I am 3 months in with my employment with royal mail and have had my 3 month 'review' - everything is great, no problems happy to have me part of the team!

However my manager said I would not be a permanent member of staff until I have completed 12 months service - it was my understanding all I had to do was pass my 6 month trail peroid as I was already on a permanent contract!

I'm slightly confused I am on a 'Long Term contract' with no end date, I CANNOT find any clause or anything to do with 12 months in the contract I signed but am concerned by the term 'Long term contract'

My manager has no clue what contract I'm on or what 'Long term' means - is this normal for you permanent staff?

- Thank you

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Hi there!! - I need your amazing contract help

Post by POSTMAN »

It's not a year unless you are really crap, it's usually a 6 month trial.
Chances are you are permanent.
You will find that managers don't know a lot.
Also can you see this thread please...

What type of contract and contract hours have you been offered?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.