ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hello, another newbie here

Introduce yourself to the RMC community.Introductions only please, use the other forums for your query if you have one. This is an open forum.
GlomOfNit

Hello, another newbie here

Post by GlomOfNit »

Due to start 2nd of December on a part time 6 month contract, though as I currently still have no uniform, no idea where to send anything, no contact from anyone and no clue whatsoever as to what is going on, starting to feel that's an optimistic date!
Luckily as a special Constable I'm used to not knowing anything not getting information required and being kept in the dark about literally everything. Still looking forward to it, though I suspect that won't last! šŸ˜¬

mickey63

Re: Hello, another newbie here

Post by mickey63 »

Looks like I might be in the same boat as you......
Conditional offer to start on the 6th Dec, subject to security checks.
Since then its been radio silence....

Maybe it's there way of saying no longer needed??? :-)
Still have a little bit of time left, it could all happen last minute.
Adison

Post by Adison »

Hey both,

Welcome! Iā€™m also new.. Iā€™ve been in a few weeks now and it was exactly the same for me! I received a couple of bits the Friday night ahead of the Monday start (online induction) and Iā€™d already been at the DO a week before I was sent all the formal offer stuff! Someone will be in touch with you from the ā€œon boardingā€ team, It seems like itā€™s always a very very last min approach!

Also I had started to worry what about the DO? Will they be expecting me and what if theyā€™re not etc. They were and it was absolutely fine. All you can do is wait and honestly even when I tried getting in touch it did not make the process any quicker, but worried me more!

Best wishes to you both
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Welcome and good luck guys.
If you are not a XMAS temp can you please fill this out...
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=102449

Ta
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mickey63

Post by mickey63 »

Adison, many thanks for giving me an idea this all appears normal for the RM.

POSTMAN, done.
GlomOfNit

Post by GlomOfNit »

Good to know it's not just me, but finding it all rather stressful to be honest. I like to know what I'm doing, when, where etc being treated like a mushroom just doesn't work for me! Hopefully someone gets back to me by tomorrow šŸ‘€